Forums are back in action! ×

Good (Mostly Paleo) Food (OM-NOM-NOM)

pwallace

Hows everybody doing? I have a couple threads going on in the Rangers forum but I wanted to start one here about something new that has been a little difficult for me: Cooking good healthy food. Now I am in no way shape or form a chef (my fiancee is though SCORE!) There may be other threads out there like this one, but I wanted some plac that I could record my food ventures and rate them wether they are good or bad. I am going to be using a 1-5 rating scale. 1 being never again, wouldn't even feed it to a zombie, and 5 being a must make no questiosn asked. I can't promise that I will write in here every day but I will make an effort to post any new recipies that I try on here. So without further to do my FIRST recipe of the thread is *mostly* Paleo Pizza!!!!!

CRUST

• 3 tablespoons flax meal 
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1 egg
    2 teaspoons water
    1-2 teaspoons oil

TOPPINGS

• 1 can of black olives
  • 2 Tbsp green olives (cut into quarters)
  • 2 Tbsp of ground beef (left over from previous paleo attempt)
  • 1 handfull of pizza cheese (I know not technically paleo but how can you have pizza w/out cheese)
  • 2Tbsp pizza sauce (I used Ragu cause its what I had on hand)
  • 4-5 cherry tomoatoes (cut into quarters)

WHAT YOUR ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO DO!

• Mix the dry ingredients;
  • add the egg, water and oil.
  • Spray a microwaveable dinner plate with cooking spray. Spread the batter on the plate in a circle.
  • Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 40 seconds.
  • Meanwhile heat a little oil in a medium skillet on about medium heat; slide the crust off the plate and into a skillet. Brown on both sides.
  • After browning crust, saute (yep big word for the non culinary guy) toppings (not sauce or cheese) untill you feel the tomatoes have been cooked fully through (about 3-4 minutes)
  • Place the crust on a baking sheet; add toppings of your choice.
  • Bake at 350º about 10 minutes until hot and bubbly.
  • ENJOY!

Overall I would give this a 4 out of 5 rating. The curst coudl have been more substantial. It was more like a bread almost. The size of the pizza was about the size of a personal pan from pizzahut. The olive and ground beef mixture was pretty good, and the tomatoes addd a good flavor. Tell me what you think? Would you try it? If you do or have let me know what our think! Hope to hear from you

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

alright So I am bringing you a recipe today that is (for the most part) paleo, very delicious snack. I called it Patricks bowl of awesomeness. but most other call it avocado tuna salad. (I know my name is cooler. 

Heres what I used:

1 Can of Tuna

1 Heaping spoonful of sweet relish ( I would rather have had dill but the fiancee prefers sweet so you know how it goes)

2-3 heaping spoon fulls of mayo

black pepper to flavoring (This means a bunch for me)

1/2 of an avocado.

Hoe to do it:

Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them together (after taking the tuna out of the can)

Mix until thoroughly blended.

And then:

Sit back and ENJOY!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I am totally making the above recipe for a snack at work tomorrow. I have half an avocado to use up before it goes bad, and we keep tuna stocked. (Though I will take out the relish, no love lost from me on pickles.)

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

haha no problem. and believe me if we had had dill pickles them biznatches would have been in there instead of the sweet relish. but like I said the fiance wanted sweet so thats what we got. going to be posting a recipe for some great roast chicken. actually gotta go get that started.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

alright So I am bringing you a recipe today that is (for the most part) paleo, very delicious snack. I called it Patricks bowl of awesomeness. but most other call it avocado tuna salad. (I know my name is cooler. 

Heres what I used:

1 Can of Tuna

1 Heaping spoonful of sweet relish ( I would rather have had dill but the fiancee prefers sweet so you know how it goes)

1/2 of an avocado.

Hoe to do it:

Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them together (after taking the tuna out of the can)

And then:

Sit back and ENJOY!

I use 1 can of tuna, a whole avocado and hot sauce. Sometimes ill top w salsa

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I use 1 can of tuna, a whole avocado and hot sauce. Sometimes ill top w salsa

I like the way you think Steve! So here comes another one for all you foodies. this one is kind of a mishmosh but i have high hopes for it.

3 chicken breasts (i also used 1 chicken drumstick because I had pulled it out of the freezer for some reason)

1 roaster

spike

garlic powder

cumin

onion powder

olive oil

black pepper

avocado

red onion

preheat oven to 325

place chicken in roaster

drizzle chicken with oil

sprinkle spike, garlic powder, cumin and onion powder over chicken,

rum spices into chicken

flip chicken and repeat!

bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes

remove from oven and check internal temp of chicken with meat thermometer. temp should be at 165 or higher (closer to 165 the juicier 

I have found)

remove from roaster.

Slice chicken into ittybitty little pieces

combine with avocado, black pepper, and onion

mix thoroughly

ENJOY!

I like to have some of this between two big pieces of lettuce with some tomato slices in there too. 

*another thing I thought to add but didn't have any of was bacon. I know blasphemy that I don't have bacon right now but we ran out after I finished it off this am.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

So I just made this:

Frozen blueberries + Frozen Raspberries (although you could really use any frozen fruit combo you like)

Pour a little canned coconut milk over top

Drizzel some maple syrup

Nom Away! Its probably as close to "paleo ice cream" as you'll get, and if you go light on the coconut milk and syrup isn't a huge calorie bomb either.

Heres what I used:

1 Can of Tuna

1/2 of an avocado.

Hoe to do it:

And then:

Sit back and ENJOY!

This will totally be lunch at work tomorrow.  Beats the crap out of salad.

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Archived