Forums are back in action! ×

The Food-hating-food-addict Paradox.

Anna

I have sort of a weird condition.

I don't really like food all that much, I think eating is boring and a waste of time and I get tired of what I'm eating quickly....but all the same, somehow food is always on my mind and can be a powerful motivator/reward system for me. I live my day meal-to-meal always anticipating the next time I'll get to eat.. but when that time comes I'm not always very interested in eating, I'm like "It's that time again? I just ate! Nothing sounds good, eating is such a chore..." (I usually end up eating something anyway, in a normal portion)

WHAT?

I don't like food or eating very much...but I can't wait until my next meal time?

I don't get what sort of weird psychology is going on.
How is this even possible?

Is anyone else like this or similar?

Also, if you have any idea what could cause this sort of mentality, I'm very interested in your opinion.

Level 1 ~Dryad Adventurer~

STR 3 |DEX 2 |STA 2| CON 3 |WIS 4 | CHA 1

Hey, just wondering if you're eating meals that satisfy you? If your food is leaving you hungry or isn't nourishing or tasty, then perhaps the thought of another, more satiating meal, is more likely to play on your mind.

Also, do you snack, or do you only eat main meals? It depends on your eating pattern, but thoughts of another meal may be kept at bay if you pace yourself by (healthy) snacking. 

I'm curious about your comment that you don't like food all that much, and then your comment that food is a powerful motivator for you. I have to ask, if you don't like food, then how does it motivate you powerfully? What kind of food motivates you? What is it about it that motivates you? I'd think about that and see if it changes your self-perception of your relationship with food.

Huntress

Current challenge - Rebels - Huntress lays the foundations

"The effort yields its own rewards"  - Data, Star Trek: TNG.

Maybe you just get bored doing the same thing again and again? I feel that way about showering all the time. Something you need (almost) every day, sometimes even more than once a day... it's just so tedious! Then again, I don't like showering at all (but I do like feeling clean ;)).

I also get bored of eating, most of the time if I don't know what to have/want to change things up but don't know how to. But I still like food even though it's annoying that we 'have to eat'.

Thoughts and likes/dislikes and desires can be complex, that doesn't mean there's something necessarily wrong with you - but it can be very annoying at times. Maybe try to have some more variety/find things that interest you food-wise?

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Archived