Forums are back in action! ×

Random introduction

Always hard to know what to say on introductions but here it goes:

I'm 44-years old. I'm a musician (traditional medieval music mainly.) I also consider myself an onieronaut.. (yep, that's right, onieronaut.) I work at a Renaissance Fair and love Faery Festivals. I also do custom beadwork. I live in a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains that has a surprising amount of culture and fun things to do.

I enjoy exercise, I love to swim, (I used to be a life guard.) I do a 45 minute weight-bearing and stretching routine that I find to be a good overall full body workout. I walk 2.5 miles or more almost every day when the weather is decent.

I could be called a foodie, I worked for many years in large major chain natural/gourmet food stores.  My approach to nutrition has been for a long while a clean eating approach that falls somewhere between Paleo and The Zone which lately I've been calling "Paleo-esque on a budget." 

Winter is my most challenging time with weight gain. I feel naturally somewhat adverse to cold weather having grown up in a subtropical climate.. and I suspect it's some kind of gingerhaired-mutation-VitaminD/sun-thing.. but I just want to hibernate when it's freezing out. Thankfully I've been more successful in recent years at maintaining my weight in winter.. mostly by keeping track and constantly staying on top of it.

At the moment I only need to lose around 10 to 15 lbs to be at a good target weight, but I've also been wanting to focus more on getting healthier mentally and physically.. and not just be a certain weight/size. Like I mentioned in my challenge post, I've been under a lot of stress in recent time and have developed some bad habits.

I've been reading NF for awhile and find it an awesome community. Thanks to the challenge I'm feeling more motivated to really work on myself than in a good long while. 

Oh and btw I had initially thought of my screen name as a short spelling of Random Chick, like any random chic walking down the street. (Also named Random in honor of the Douglas Adams character by that name.) But you can also see it as Random Chic (shEk) in the sense of "stylish" if you want.  I have a cousin named Shabby.. and another cousin named Ghetto (but we don't talk about him.)  Kidding!!!

• Faery Ranger   :onthego:

Archived