Forums are back in action! ×

interesting woot - shoes

alienjenn

so... my whole life I have had to wear a wide or double wide shoe... in womens anywhere from 10-12w-ww (US sizes)

lately I found that I have gotten blisters on my feet any time I walk even just a tiny bit... because my feet had been sliding in my shoes... I went to the store for some new shoes (mine were almost a year old) and had to work with the lady just a bit... 

anyways... for the first time in my life... as in EVER I am in a regular width shoe... I have lost enough weight that my feet are smaller!!!

I got a women's shoe for work (brooks addiction) sized 10.5 REGULAR!!! and I got a men's shoe for hiking... (merrel? brand... idk) in a 9 REGULAR!!!

when I walked on friday (on pavement) I wore the brooks shoe... 4 miles no blisters no pain no nothing... it was awesome!!

when we hiked on sat... I did 5 miles with 8 river crossings (2 of them thigh high) and even when my feet were VERY wet there was no slipping!! This has been such an increasing problem over the course of the last almost year that I was beginning to consider a balance issue.... but nope it was my shoes!!

so.... long story short :) my feet aren't fat anymore!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Woot!!!! I'm praying the same will happen for me when I lose more. That's awesome!

Kessihl - Level 2 Half Elf / Human1 (STR)  2 (DEX)  2 (STA)  3 (CON)  6 (WIS) 3 (CHA)  Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. 

Nice!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

thanks guys :) I think this is by far the weirdest woot so far :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ha, ha...that's awesome! Good for you.  :)

Reminds me of someone I used to know who lost a bunch of weight and someone finally had to tell her that she really didn't need to shop at Lane Bryant anymore because the clothes were just hanging on her.   :D

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Archived