Forums are back in action! ×

A healthy hello to all!

I'm never any good at these things so I will try to keep it short and sweet.  I happened across this site maybe a few months ago and I love the mentality/philosophy that is embodied here.  I've been reading the articles and I find them helpful but I think it's time I started utilizing the community support this site is all about...which brings me onto this forum. 

I'm Jas.  I will be 25 this year, single, no kids.  So I'm thinking why not get into the best shape of my life!  A lot has happened to me in the past year that have been beyond my control, so I really want to be in charge of something positive and kick major ass against the chaos that has become my life. 

I exercise off and on.  I will get into a routine and stick to it for a good while and then a few months later I will slack off with the intention of immediately hopping right back on that horse, except immediately turns into an undetermined long period of time and then I will feel ashamed and get re-motivated only for the cycle to start over again.  Part of it is I'm an overacheiver so I will tackle too much at once and then inevitably get overwhelmed.  But instead of scaling back, I will feel defeated and find some excuse to discontinue with the pretense of "I can start back up anytime I want to."

I'm usually reluctant to admit this but I need help.  I am a very strong willed individual, but I can't reach my goals entirely on my own.  I think this is the place that will help me stay on track. 

So, I'm open to meeting with like-minded individuals who are willing to share their knowledge and also enjoy living life to its fullest.  I'm hoping to fully embrace and be embraced by this community.  

Happy health fellow rebels! ;-)

I encourage you to join the current challenge.  It is a great way to focus on a few short-term goals and have a community to be accountable to.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab and check out the FAQ for more into.  Don't worry that you're a day or two late; jump on in. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived