Forums are back in action! ×

NFL Draft

Gilfren

I think the Lions have the makings of a good offense.  Stafford is a great QB, he just needs some more weapons besides Megatron at WR.  Thankfully the distraction of Titus Young is gone so that helps and Burleson should be back by Week 1.

I think the Lions biggest problem is that Schwartz needs to lead by example.  How can he expect his players to behave on (or off) the field when he's flying off the handle at every other call?  I understand getting upset at bad calls (Fail Mary anyone), but the man needs to carry himself with some dignity.

He got cocky from 2 seasons ago (schwartz). I think that his bad behavior as a coach played a part in Young going douche. He doesn't command respect effectively.

I don't know what I'll do without VanDenBosch and Hanson this year though. It's not going to feel like home!

By the way, why does A. Rodgers always look like he needs some coffee?

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

I'll admit, other than the Lions, I take the girl route and watch it for their reactions to what team they're going to.

My wife is all about the suits.  Knows nothing about the prospects, interested in who GB is going to pick, but more than anything she likes to pay attention to how well each of the prospects is dressed, how good their taste in formalwear is.

Apparently RG3 took the crown last year and Tavon Austin this year.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

My peeve is Jay Cutler.  Even though I'm a Packers fan, I've always admired the Bears for the way they play tough-as-hell football without playing dirty.  But Cutler, apathetic, whiny little bastard.  

Certainly was happy when Lovie was fired.

Had an uncanny ability to coach a garbage team to get a million lucky breaks.  Thorn in GB's side from the day he was hired.  Lovie/Urlacher is one of the few combos that could occasionally checkmate McCarthy/Rodgers in game strategy.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Hanson retiring caught me way off guard.  Though you can't go wrong with Akers as a replacement.

I've always wondered the same about Rodgers.  I like to think it's because he is tired from working so hard to be the best QB in the league.

Sure you can, Akers is on the downhill slope big time. I'm a huge Eagles fan and Akers is an awesome dude, but he's not as good as he once was.  He's also not as good once as he ever was.

My wife watches for the cute guys.  She was mad when the cute tackle (Eric Fisher) went 1 instead of sliding to us, he was apparently the cutest.  I'm happy with Lane Johnson though, the guys got the potential to be a beast.  He runs a faster 40 that a lot of wide recievers, so he's really fast, and has the best broadjump of any offensive tackle in the last 10 years, showing he's powerful. And he's only been playing O line for 2 years, so he can only hopefully get better and stronger and he has 5-10 years less of the destruction on the knees that being a lineman gives you.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Landry Jones to the Steeleris? F yeah! love the pick,(like landry, I am from NM and I have a lot of family who strongly root for OU) anyone not like this pick?

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Yeah, my jaw hit the floor when I read Lovie was fired.  I'll certainly miss Lovie and Urlacher both.  I'll never get tired of seeing Cutler in the turf though.  That never gets old.

Urlacher is a legend in my parts of the country (New Mexico).  I think it was a disgrace to let him go the way he did, after his career with them.  I can't believe he hasn't been picked up by anyone else yet.  I hope he can go to the Steelers (my team) and finish his career there after a few more years (no more than 3).  some day he can join (hopefully) fellow Steeler Robin Cole on the giant banners outside of University Stadium

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Landry Jones to the Steeleris? F yeah! love the pick,(like landry, I am from NM and I have a lot of family who strongly root for OU) anyone not like this pick?

Hahahaha, you all are welcome to have him. :rolleyes-new: As someone who was at OU during the Sammy years (undergrad and grad here, apparently I'm never leaving), he just didn't have a chance to win us over. At least the students, maybe some of the older fans liked him.

Speaking of Sammy, I'm so so happy he finally has a GOOD WR. Maybe at least one of my teams will do well this year. (It's hard being from Southern California and going to OU; there's so much build-up and then disappointment in both my college AND pro teams. Between OU football and the Lakers, my heart can't take any more.)

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Archived