Forums are back in action! ×

Intro to apparently what I think of as my defining qualities :D

Hey, thought I would join the forum after a couple of weeks of lurking around the website. I am a student who has decided that I want to upgrade my life! Love the site, especially as a beginner with the general goal of becoming more fit and healthy, and no clue how to do so.

So...

... I'm 19,

somehow crazily decided Physics was my thing,

a massive nerd in general (fantasy in the form of books, films, games, bring it on, bruv); I mean, I study Physics!

In conclusion to this awkward miss-mash of random facts (it is midnight where I am, is my excuse for my incoherence), hey there!! 

Glad you joined in after lurking.  I can point you in the direction of some general fitness stuff, but you might want to try some things out too - just to see if there is something you really enjoy.  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, you'll find FREE RESOURCES available. 

First and foremost, you need good fuel to be healthy - so read up on the beginners guide to healthy eating.  The 5 cent version is to eat real food that doesn't come from a package. 

The beginner's body weight (BBW) workout is a great place to start, and requires no equipment ... it can easily be done in a dorm room.  Try that 2 - 3 times a week, with a day between.  On your between days, you can do anything besides strength training - run, walk, play tennis, row, yoga, martial arts, whatever.  Do that 2 - 3 times a week.  1 or 2 true rest days / week & you have a fitness program. 

We are beginning week 3 of a challenge, but you can join anyway if you want a sort of practice-challenge.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab and go to the FAQ.  Welcome to NF.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived