Forums are back in action! ×

Im new and looking to lose weight and increase my strength

Remember that your fitness is 80-85% what you eat, so that is the place to start.  Less weight is going to be a big help to your knees.  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab, you'll find a guide to healthy eating among the FREE RESOURCES.  Swimming sounds like a good activity for you as PorchCricket13 points out.  Can you walk (distances)?  Walking is a great activity and no gym required.  Good luck 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I tore my acl a few years back and had surgery.  Your sounds more severe, but is it a "you cant do it the rest of your life" or "I cant do it now", what did the doctor say?

As stated swimming sounds pretty good.  Jump rope as well.

Lunges are a no no if you cant squat in my opinion. 

The elliptical might be a good idea as well. 

Since the issue is primarily issues with strengthening your legs its a tough situation since you can put weight on a bended knee...  Calf raises should be fine. I found this link that may help as well http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130620613&page=1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Archived