Forums are back in action! ×

Gonna try again ... also, Hello

Hi. My name's John, I'm late twenties, live in England, and am an independent author.

I haven't always been the most active person out there, but I've decided I want to give it a go. I tried a couple of years ago, and gave up because of laziness (I'm not afraid to admit it), but I've managed to make more productive changes in my life, not least finally completing my book and publishing it after twelve years of writing. I now manage to write a significant amount every day, so I'm thinking I could put this kind of effort into getting fit.

When I originally did this, one of my primary goals was to get some lady action, but now I'm just tired of being unfit. I'm out of breath after just walking to the shops, I struggle to put my shoes on, I eat loads of crap. My biggest weaknesses would have to be motivation, embarrassment, and food. As I said before, I've pretty much taken care of the motivational issue in other aspects of my life, I just need to transfer that energy to physical things. I like food. I used to be a chef and have a passion for making and eating nice things. I'm not averse to eating healthily, I like fruit and veg, and could as happy with a bowl of salad as I am with a KFC. However, my biggest hurdle, I believe, is people noticing my change in lifestyle. I've always been a little self conscious about these things, and I've kept saying that whenever I move out of my dad's house I'll do it because then no one will notice my change in diet and activity (indeed, when I tried last time, I had moved out and was on my own, but due to financial reasons, I had to move back).

So, here's hoping I can break some bad habits.

Welcome to the rebellion sir!

It seems like you have some of the same struggles I have. My advice is to just try to forget about any negative feelings toward fitness and focus all of your strength on the positives. You are closer to your goals today than you were yesterday right? Celebrate that!

Good luck in your endeavors sir.

Level 1 Dark Elf Ranger

Strength: 3

Dexterity: 3

Stamina: 2

Constitution: 2

Wisdom : 2

Charisma: 3

I'll bet a lot of people were laughing up their sleeve when you were "trying" to be an author, but you didn't let that stop you.  Don't let them stop you now, either.  Eat healthy - be active. There are lots of folks here to give you positive feedback.  The challenge is 1/2 over, but you can join for a short challenge anyway.  Click on the CHALLENGE tab and go to the FAQs.  If you need help setting up goals (or anything else) feel free to send me a message.   

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived