Forums are back in action! ×

First 5K (sort of), two compliments and fitting back into old clothing!

About 3 weeks ago I paticipated in the Walking Dead Escape 5k obstacle course. It's a bit more runa  bit, stop, dodge zombies instead of teh traditional run the entire time. (I have signed up for a traditional one in the end of August, though.) I even made it out without getting infected! I might have a shot at surviving a zombie apocalypse after all.

Last week I got two compliments of "have you lost weight?" while at work in the same day, always a good motivator. (And makes the work day a bit more enjoyable too.)

Lastly as spring/summer weather has *finally* come to my neck of the woods it's short weather and the shorts that I had issues fitting into last year, I can get into them easily now! It's fantastic in what it - or this all, I should say - has done for my confidence.  I might even be getting brave enough to wear a bikini on vacation coming up.

congrats on the weight loss, but even more on your zombie eluding skills. I mean really... lots of people on the forums have lost some weight, but how many have slithered successfully past rampaging zombies to their goal?  :nevreness:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Archived