Forums are back in action! ×

New member in Georgia - Hello!

Hello fellow Nerd Fitness Rebels!

My name is Jordan, and I'm a freelance web developer/barista based in Athens, GA. I got hooked on Nerd Fitness via Twitter, and it seems right up my alley. I'm working on getting myself into better shape and losing weight for personal reasons (as though there are any other reasons that would be legitimate), and this seems like a good community to help with that.

I had gastric bypass surgery 2.5 years ago, and I lost a total 205lbs. I've since kept off about 160 of that, but I want to shatter that previous loss and just keep going. I've already lost about 25 lbs in the past three weeks by changing my diet (ie, not eating horrible food and cutting my caloric intake in half), and I feel so much better already.

Allons-y!

CTO/Lead Developer/Chief Dragon (Vitamin C) | The Classic City (Athens, GA)

Lvl 2 Adventurer - training to be a Ranger | STR: 5 DEX: 5 STA: 5.75 CON: 4 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

@PendragonDev

Glad you've decided to join us.  Eating clean is always a great idea, but do be sure you're eating enough food.  Are you going to join in the next challenge?  It starts in about 3 weeks.  A challenge is fun and a great way to concentrate on a few goals.  If you have any questions, post them on the appropriate forum or feel free to send me a message (you'll find that option if you hover over my name). 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Glad you've decided to join us.  Eating clean is always a great idea, but do be sure you're eating enough food.  Are you going to join in the next challenge?  It starts in about 3 weeks.  A challenge is fun and a great way to concentrate on a few goals.  If you have any questions, post them on the appropriate forum or feel free to send me a message (you'll find that option if you hover over my name). 

Definitely getting enough calories - I basically switched back to the diet I am SUPPOSED to be on after my surgery. 

I need to find out more about this challenge - I saw that one is currently in progress, are they rotating every 6 weeks?

Thanks for the welcome, by the way!

Lvl 2 Adventurer - training to be a Ranger | STR: 5 DEX: 5 STA: 5.75 CON: 4 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

@PendragonDev

Definitely getting enough calories - I basically switched back to the diet I am SUPPOSED to be on after my surgery. 

I need to find out more about this challenge - I saw that one is currently in progress, are they rotating every 6 weeks?

Thanks for the welcome, by the way!

A challenge goes for 6 weeks.  There is a one week breather, and then the next one starts.  If you click on CHALLENGE and go to the threads, you'll get an idea what some of the other adventurers are doing for this challenge.  If you want me to take a gander at your goals for the next challenge, send me a message. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome to the realm and if I may add that is a magnificent beard I see there!

May the God of War let you succeed in your journey!

Thanks! The beard waxes and wanes with the seasons, but I'm tempted to grow it out this summer.

@PendragonDev

A challenge goes for 6 weeks.  There is a one week breather, and then the next one starts.  If you click on CHALLENGE and go to the threads, you'll get an idea what some of the other adventurers are doing for this challenge.  If you want me to take a gander at your goals for the next challenge, send me a message. 

Thanks, I'll take a look and check it out. I have some goals I've set myself in the interim, basically to get myself into a routine. When we get closer, I'll put some goals together and got your opinion on them.

@PendragonDev

Archived