Forums are back in action! ×

Desert Dweller

Hello Everyone,

Quite honestly I feel like I'm horrible at introductions. My name is Melissa I am a college student about to graduate (next week!) with a BS in biology a minor in education to teach science. I live in the desert and love running around the desert chasing lizards, examining shrubs, and enjoying the day.  When I was in high school I lost a lot of weight and was around my ideal weight, and I was very healthy and active. Then came a relationship after a few bad events that made me give up on myself and what I looked like I went from about 195lbs (I'm almost 6') to almost 300 lbs. That was almost 4 years ago since I got out of that relationship now I'm at 245 lbs still way above my goal. I have changed my habits cutting back on grains and slowly adopting Paleo, and always finding time to work out and setting goals for myself. I have finally found the light again after being in the dark so long I know this path will not be easy but I look forward to the challenge!

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

I don't know which desert you're in, but I grew up in California's high desert & studied desert dwelling ants when I was in high school.  I'm glad you're here and looking to take control back.  It looks like you've made a great start on diet changes.  I see you've joined us in the adventurer's guild.  If I can give you any help, feel free to send me a message. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thank you and that's pretty awesome I live in the Chihuahuan desert. I've been fighting for a long time, and I know now is the right time. Thank you again I will message you if I need help :)

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

Archived