Forums are back in action! ×

Setting Goals, Traversing Obstacles.

Hello everyone,

I'm not actually one akin to posting on forums, but I just couldn't pass up an opportunity with Nerd Fitness. Well lets start with a bit of a background, my name is Devante, 18 years old, and a senior in high school (Graduate next month). I actually found this website a week before my birthday and have been inspired. So thus began a change within myself, one small goal at a time. I used to be a lot more active, but then life got in the way and a lot changed. So I'm here to my life and my health in order. I've actually been conquering many fears since I decided to use my Berserker Mode, lol. The main thing is me finally conquering (to some extent) my aquaphobia, and actually have goals when it comes to swimming; which I actually found I love to do.

Anyway, lets begin.

Current Stats:

Height: 6'0 1/2"

Weight: 254.5 lbs

Body Fat % : Unknown

Skills: Will Power, Strength, and hopefully will develop more.

Need to improve: Agility, Strength, Stamina, Speed & Charisma.

Goals:

• Learn to swim Freestyle by May 30th, 2013.
  • Swim 200 yards without rest by June 11th, 2013.
  • Lose 2% body fat by August 1st, 2013.
  • Do 15 body-weight pull ups July 5th, 2013. (Current: 2)
  • Increase agility, strength & endurance to participate in Parkour. 

Game Plan:

1. Transition diet to follow Paleo at least 90%.
  2. Stop drinking Soda and Cut down on Juice intake.
  3. Complete swimming lessons, and increase practice by making swimming both cardio and active rest.
  4. Create and follow a workout regimen.
  5. Sleep at least 5 hours a night. (Currently sleep approximately 3-4 due to the mass volume of AP classes).
  6. Never Give Up. 

I will post weekly updates and attempt to work up the courage

to keep posting, hopefully one day I'll be able to look back and encourage an up & coming Rebel.

Current Challenge:  First Challenge

• [*]
Half-Orc Adventurer [*]Strength (STR) - 3 Dexterity (DEX) - 2 Stamina (STA) - 2  Constitution (CON) - 2 Wisdom (WIS) - 4 Charisma (CHA) - 2 [*]“Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.â€

Archived