Forums are back in action! ×

you know you're a nerd when you (insert here)

All right nerds! So we all come in different shapes and sizes, as well as types of nerdiness...so how did you know you were a nerd?? Whether it's something you used to do when you were younger or do now...how did you know you were a nerd?

You know you're a nerd when every time you stay home from school and have a star wars trilogy marathon. 

-yup every time i would be sick or stay home from school i would watch them ALL day long. 

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

When you go hiking with your brothers and friends your group may or may not:

-Discuss the best way to defeat frost trolls (fire and potion of brief invisibility for the element of surprise)

-Shout "Yo ho, Tom Bombadil!" when someone gets far ahead

-Rename a bunch of Elder Trees, "Nightmare Trees, in the service of the God of Chaos"

-Build a shrine to summon bees and other forest creatures using gatorade, leaves, and sticks

You know your a nerd when...

-you realize game/anime characters are better role models than 90% of humanity.
-You motivate yourself via Courage wolf, Overlymanly man, and other inspiring internet Memes
-when confronted with something new ie...work out, diet ect...you research every minuscule detail of it before trying them

I was born a fool and haven't improved much since. - Lattie Tipton

Dwarven Ranger Level 1

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:3

CON:3 WIS:2 CHA:2

When your daughter is certain she is from gallifraey (however it's spelled) and you are the coolest mom in the seventh grade because you make a tardis birthday cake with zombie cupcakes on the side

When your youngest son wants to grow up to be a hobbit and you convince him to do chores by telling him that Sauron will find him more quickly if he can smell the orcs in his room...

When you are hiking and there is a strange noise at night and all of your kids and you shout "the orcs are hear" (and your non nerd friend is confused)

When you bribe your children to catching the bus by letting them watch episodes of Dr who I'd they are ready on time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Your coach says "face it you're not normal..none of us are normal.,.look at what we do everyday"

Sweet.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

if you're 31 and still daydreaming about "your superpowers".

When your daughter is certain she is from gallifraey (however it's spelled) and you are the coolest mom in the seventh grade because you make a tardis birthday cake with zombie cupcakes on the side

When your youngest son wants to grow up to be a hobbit and you convince him to do chores by telling him that Sauron will find him more quickly if he can smell the orcs in his room...

When you are hiking and there is a strange noise at night and all of your kids and you shout "the orcs are hear" (and your non nerd friend is confused)

When you bribe your children to catching the bus by letting them watch episodes of Dr who I'd they are ready on time

oh my gosh! That is so awesome, you are my new idol.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

• When you watch Lord of the Rings, and you start determining the Armor Saves of everyone that appears on the screen

When you stay 8 feet away from a group of Kindergardeners because you're scared that a fanatic will come out (Warhammer joke)

You explain how deaths in horror movies are anatomically inaccurate

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

When your daughter is certain she is from gallifraey (however it's spelled) and you are the coolest mom in the seventh grade because you make a tardis birthday cake with zombie cupcakes on the side When your youngest son wants to grow up to be a hobbit and you convince him to do chores by telling him that Sauron will find him more quickly if he can smell the orcs in his room... When you are hiking and there is a strange noise at night and all of your kids and you shout "the orcs are hear" (and your non nerd friend is confused) When you bribe your children to catching the bus by letting them watch episodes of Dr who I'd they are ready on time Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

... Could you adopt me? I'm 27, but still. Coolest mom ever!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

... Could you adopt me? I'm 27, but still. Coolest mom ever!

Sure... all the kids come to my house... it's easier to spy on my kids that way....

Erm... that wasn't what I meant ;)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

i

oh my gosh! That is so awesome, you are my new idol.

We were hiking a mountain a few weeks ago and we kept saying "one does not simply walk up old rag" then the boys would point at me and say "oh wait we do when we're with you! And then we run down after!" It's amazing ;)

Spoiler

When you play the 1984 genius edition of trivial pursuit in the dive bar, and your hubby breaks his glasses doing so.

When you broke down and got a kindle because luggage fees were killer.

When you point at a goose and say "intermediate foraging" to your hubby and everyone else looks at you confused.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

-When you prefer subbed over dubbed anime..(and yes must watch it with the sound on even though i don't understand what they are saying. i just like hearing them talk in japanese)

-you have played your final fantasy games over and over again and each time must save it multiple times, at various spots, and save those games just because. (I always hate when i run out of room on my memory card and have to write over one..ugh)

-you spent more time in the library and reading during lunch break than with other kids 

-monty python was (and still is) one of your favorite movies as a child. (majority of the kids my age did not like nor understand the humor)

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

How could you not like Monthy Python? Even if you don't get all the references it can still be amusing!

- when you're in someone's elses kitchen and the first thing you notice is the knive collection and start talking about edge geometry, tempering, steel composition and weight distribution

- if your definition of "chilling out" is devouring books or educating yourself.

- you sometimes imagine walking around in a post-apocalyptic wasteland (zombie apocalypse, anyone?) or scheme what you would do in such cases (added bonus if you own bow, axe, sword/machete, shotgun, revolver or high calibre hunting rifle)

- you write a five page content outline and ten page dissection in your lunch break and review it for revision, just for fun.

- you make up ridiculous stories (in your head) to keep things interesting or remember things, e.g. you being a secret agent meeting a politician

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

you are the coolest mom in the seventh grade because you make a tardis birthday cake with zombie cupcakes on the side

Will you be my mom?

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

you know you're a nerd when someone mentions seeing ff6 (fast and furious 6) and you automatically think final fantasy 6

or when someone mentions it and you are all ZOMG there is this amazing WOMAN martial artist in the movie...... and they have no idea what you are talking about.  (but there is and she's awesome)

I AM going the distance

Will you be my mom?

Absolutely cline

Spoiler

Guest asdf

How could you not like Monthy Python? Even if you don't get all the references it can still be amusing!

- when you're in someone's elses kitchen and the first thing you notice is the knive collection and start talking about edge geometry, tempering, steel composition and weight distribution

- if your definition of "chilling out" is devouring books or educating yourself.

- you sometimes imagine walking around in a post-apocalyptic wasteland (zombie apocalypse, anyone?) or scheme what you would do in such cases (added bonus if you own bow, axe, sword/machete, shotgun, revolver or high calibre hunting rifle)

- you write a five page content outline and ten page dissection in your lunch break and review it for revision, just for fun.

- you make up ridiculous stories (in your head) to keep things interesting or remember things, e.g. you being a secret agent meeting a politician

You can recite entire scenes from Holy Grail  exactly word-for-word as you would find in the film and get frustrated when other people try to quote those same passages and don't do it quite right.

you know you're a nerd when someone mentions seeing ff6 (fast and furious 6) and you automatically think final fantasy 6

*HIGH FIVE* o/\o

xlarge.gif

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived