Forums are back in action! ×

Nice clean character sheet

Good afternoon everyone!

I have been poking around on Nerd Fitness for some time, telling myself "you should just dive in" but so far have not done more than say that. 

Today,I decided the only way I am going to do it is do it. :) So here I am. 

A little about myself. I am 40, married, have 3 cat-children and work at a desk job for 8ish hours a day that makes me want to bash my head against the wall. Unfortunately, my method of dealing with stress and frustration is no beuno. 

I eat. 

And I hide what and that I eat, because I know I should not do it. My relationship with food had been kinda messed up. 

But that was the past, and I am pulling out a clean character sheet and getting ready to roll my four d6's six times. 

I have a long way to go starting down here as a 1st level new healthy, fit, joyful me. I have many obstacles, dungeon crawls, enemies to defeat. 

One is myself. So far in my life, I have created lofty goals and expected myself to be perfect, and when I have slipped, I gave up. I had an all or nothing attitude. That obviously has not been getting me anywhere good. 

Two is my own laziness and self created physical issues (my weight has caused me to have lower back and knee issues). I get home from work, and plop on the sofa, watch TV and mess around on the internet. I know that I should get on the treadmill, work out, something..but....

Three is my lack of support. My husband verbally says he will support me, but he does the opposite in order to make my life easier at that moment. I don't have a normal social life, so I don't have friends that I can lean on. I have had a couple that have said they would help, but then....

So, here I am. 

I have my pencil, a good eraser for making positive changes to my character, a pristine character sheet and my lucky dice. 

Level 1 Human (striving to be an elf) Adventurer (dreaming of being a Ranger/Druid)                                                                      Str 1  Dex 2  Sta 1  Con 4  Wis 4  Cha 3                                 

I eat. 

And I hide what and that I eat, because I know I should not do it. My relationship with food had been kinda messed up. 

But that was the past, and I am pulling out a clean character sheet and getting ready to roll my four d6's six times. 

^^^ This! Right in the sucker. This is my life in a nutshell. You can count on people here to help you. I'm rather new, but I have to say that every single person here is devoted to helping others. Socializing is very easy here and I can certainly help you out with the food resistance. I'm on a very long battle with eating as a coping mechanism, so I can understand the shame and pressure.

But as you said, you have a brand new character sheet, so leave all the baggage on the station and venture on without the things that have held you in the past. 

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

Thank you every one. I really appreciate your encouragement.  I got my husband to once again agree to help me. I am hoping that he actually follows through. Unfortunately, he is a little bit out of my control in that regards. But I did control that I brought enough healthy snacks and a real lunch to work today to work so I was not hungry. 

I admit, I was anxious to get home and get down what I needed to get done to get back to the novel I am ready, so I did not even think of stopping to get anything after work. I got home, hoped on the treadmill to warm up, then did the beginning body weight workout and stretches. Wow. I am currently WAY out of shape. But, I did it. And tomorrow, I will do it again and do it better, more reps. I know my legs are going to hate me tomorrow, but they will love me down the road. 

I know what I am making for dinner and will start that in about a half an hour so we can eat well before I need to get to bed (my husband does not know how to cook, so that is all up to me). 

I admit, there is a part of me that wants to go make a grilled cheese sandwich at the moment, or a bowl of cereal. I am not feeling hungry, so I decided to hop on my laptop and post, look at other posts until either the urge passes or my husband gets home and I can start dinner.  

I am glad that I was pointed to this blog months ago and I finally built up the nerve, need, whatever to post an introduction. It feels cathartic to admit I have an issue with my relationship with food and that I am embarassed by my behavior. I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one and people can understand what I am talking about. 

Thank you. :D

Level 1 Human (striving to be an elf) Adventurer (dreaming of being a Ranger/Druid)                                                                      Str 1  Dex 2  Sta 1  Con 4  Wis 4  Cha 3                                 

Oh btw, don't overdo it the first time. I personally am so week, I can do one set. :D Anyway, please mind that the beginners bodywork needs to have at least one day dedicated to rest. 

I just started going through the BBW circuit too. Feel like dying after because I'm so out of shape myself, but it gets easier REALLY quickly (at least it has been for me). Also, you'll feel amazing just from incorporating it into your week even casually. Bored? BBW circuit.

As long as you have a day of rest between like WriterGuy said, just do it whenever you find yourself trying to think of something to do with your time.

Also, using NF as a diversion to keep from boredom eating was a good idea! Make that a habit!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

I got home, hoped on the treadmill to warm up, then did the beginning body weight workout and stretches. Wow. I am currently WAY out of shape. But, I did it. And tomorrow, I will do it again and do it better, more reps. I know my legs are going to hate me tomorrow, but they will love me down the road. 

This was me when I started. I PROMISE in two weeks, that won't be the case! 

And welcome!

twirlgrrl

Level 1 Adventurer working towards Ranger

STR-3 | DEX-2 | STM-1 | CON-3 | WIS-4 | CHR- 2

twirlgrrl's challenge log

Good !

You got started (and did pretty well , if I may say so ) . You know what they say , "Well-begun is half done. "  :smilet-digitalpoint

Thank you. I was very proud of myself yesterday. :) And that helped me get through today as well. My brain started to think about getting a burrito when I got off work, but I thought of yesterday and avoided it. :D Yay me!

Oh btw, don't overdo it the first time. I personally am so week, I can do one set. :D Anyway, please mind that the beginners bodywork needs to have at least one day dedicated to rest. 

Funny you should mention that. When I got up this morning, my muscles were sore. Not in a bad way, but they needed a break. So, when I came home, I walked on the treadmill then played on Wii Fit. I stayed moving but played instead (though some of it was still tough. LOL). 

Tomorrow, back to the circuit. 

I am pretty weak as well. Weaker than I thought I was. But I will get there. 

Totally how I was too :)

Seems like a great place here so far.

I completely agree. :D I am very hopeful this time around. 

I just started going through the BBW circuit too. Feel like dying after because I'm so out of shape myself, but it gets easier REALLY quickly (at least it has been for me). Also, you'll feel amazing just from incorporating it into your week even casually. Bored? BBW circuit.

As long as you have a day of rest between like WriterGuy said, just do it whenever you find yourself trying to think of something to do with your time.

Also, using NF as a diversion to keep from boredom eating was a good idea! Make that a habit!

I told my coworker this morning that I kicked my own a$$ last night.

I cannot wait until it is easier and then I know I am getting stronger, more fit, and ready to challenge myself more. 

I am again using NF as a diversion today. My husband will be home late today, but I already know what I am making for dinner and will start it as soon as he texts me that he is on the way home. 

This was me when I started. I PROMISE in two weeks, that won't be the case! 

And welcome!

Thank you!! I cannot wait!!!

You are very brave, isis. Few people are ever this honest, even with themselves much less their adventuring party. Elves are quite known for their honesty. Sounds as though you are not "striving" but ARE an elf.

Bavarian Ranger -- Level twoStrength 5 Dexterity 4 Stamina 5 Constitution 1 Wisdom 5 Charisma 5 My Epic Quest Challenge #1  Current Challenge

Future goal inspiration from Kurt Vonnegut "Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.â€

Great to see you posting!

I laughed at a witty comment on some else's intro and followed to your bio where I nearly cried! I hope you are a writer by profession or passion.

There is plenty of support here and the challenges are a great way of setting realistic goals for you in a reasonable amount of time. I sounds like you have made an awesome start already!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Funny you should mention that. When I got up this morning, my muscles were sore. Not in a bad way, but they needed a break. So, when I came home, I walked on the treadmill then played on Wii Fit. I stayed moving but played instead (though some of it was still tough. LOL). 

Tomorrow, back to the circuit. 

I am pretty weak as well. Weaker than I thought I was. But I will get there. 

You will kick some butt. I've done the workout for a third time and I notice good changes. Less soreness and more effect. 

Try getting myfitnesspal or similary. 

A great way for many people to stop overeating with stressed and so, are if they can see the bad results right away.

and if you are on wireless you can even scan the barcodes = easy.

I know a lot of people who stopped eating a lot of bad things because they could see what it contained.

and other than that, we are glad to have you around in the rebellion!

Be like water my friend

You are very brave, isis. Few people are ever this honest, even with themselves much less their adventuring party. Elves are quite known for their honesty. Sounds as though you are not "striving" but ARE an elf.

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I have to come to the realization that truth is the only way that I can be successful with being the best isis I am able to be. 

Great to see you posting!

I laughed at a witty comment on some else's intro and followed to your bio where I nearly cried! I hope you are a writer by profession or passion.

There is plenty of support here and the challenges are a great way of setting realistic goals for you in a reasonable amount of time. I sounds like you have made an awesome start already!

I am doing what I can  to have a great start and not put too much pressure on myself. I have been working on my first goals for my first challenge next week. I do not want to set myself up for failure like I have done in the past. 

I am so glad to have found the support here. 

(I am not a writer, but I do enjoy it. I write tons of stuff for my D&D characters.) 

You will kick some butt. I've done the workout for a third time and I notice good changes. Less soreness and more effect. 

I did it for the 2nd time today. It was tough since I was still sore, but it felt good!! One of my cat children did not like me not paying attention to him. I was pleased with myself. 

Try getting myfitnesspal or similary. 

A great way for many people to stop overeating with stressed and so, are if they can see the bad results right away.

and if you are on wireless you can even scan the barcodes = easy.

I know a lot of people who stopped eating a lot of bad things because they could see what it contained.

and other than that, we are glad to have you around in the rebellion!

I actually have an app on my phone already, and I keep forgetting to use it. :/ At one time, I used to write everything I planned to eat the next day and crossed it off as I ate it and not allow myself to eat anything not on the list. 

But I will check out the app you suggest, it might help me in ways beyond just to track calories (which I am horrible at because I forget to log)

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I have to come to the realization that truth is the only way that I can be successful with being the best isis I am able to be. 

Truth is really underrated, so I'm glad you're doing this for you and being completely bare with the rest of us. Few people realize that this is the way to own yourself and your actions and you can only gain power through this. 

Truth is really underrated, so I'm glad you're doing this for you and being completely bare with the rest of us. Few people realize that this is the way to own yourself and your actions and you can only gain power through this. 

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your encouragement and I agree. Hiding things is what got me to where I am, it will not get me to where I want to be. :D

So no Easter eggs hunts of surprises? o3o

LOL. Well, I sometimes like surprises (the good kind). 

Archived