Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from backstage!

Hello fellow nerds!

My name is Allison and I am a 24 year old, 5'2" audio engineer living in the self-proclaimed musical capital of the wold :D (Austin, TX...) I work primarily in live theatre, which thus far has caused me to live a life full of very strange hours, eating way too much takeout, and imbibing plenty of alcohol. While I can't do much about the hours, I am committed to living a healthier lifestyle. If you are wondering what exactly an audio engineer does...it's basically this. But I do it with live performances :)

My real story begins with an unfortunate car accident in 2012. (On Super Bowl Sunday, no less! I missed all the commercials that year... :\) Long story short, I was left with a fractured pelvis and absolutely no desire to eat right/exercise. It is over a year later, and although my bones have completely healed, my lifestyle has not. I have found that my biggest difficulties stem from time management. Because of my chosen profession, there are days when I spend 20 hours at work and do not have access to a fridge etc. to bring and keep my own meals. I also find it incredibly difficult to schedule any time for exercise. Classes, which I am most comfortable and accountable in, are typically out of the question because I almost never have the same days/times free each week. I had started the year off pretty well, but as it usually goes, after a couple of months, I got completely swamped at work and haven't kept up with a regular exercise program since early March... I did hit two milestones for myself in the past six months: Run a 5k and run a 5mi race!

My number one goal is simply to run a cleaner body. Minimal takeout, cut back on real and artificial sugars, eat a balanced diet, drastically cut back on the alcohol, remember to sleep and DRINK WATER.

Number two: replace extraneous fat with lean, powerful muscle. My job can be very physically demanding, and I want to protect myself from being hurt when lifting heavy equipment. I want to start a bodyweight training program to preserve the muscles I already have and create a strong base for going forward.

Number three: Create a routine that I can follow through with. As I mentioned before, my most difficult obstacle is my own time management. I have tried and failed in the past to create a consistent, weekly routine that I can stick to, no matter what.

My endgame goals are less about weight loss and more about being a better, stronger, healthier me. (But a few inches here and there couldn't hurt... :D)

Current

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 130lbs

Neck: 13"

Waist: 31"

Hips: 39.5"

Other hobbies include: Singing loudly in my car, watching hours of Netflix, having LOTR marathons, (yes, this now includes the Hobbit...) laughing hysterically at things on imgur, and reading whatever I can get my hands on. If you have any new book suggestions, I'm always looking for some! 

I'm glad to be here!

My sister was a theatre tech (lights/electrician), so I totally get the hours and food storage problems.  She managed to stay in good shape, but it took some planning.  She leaned on workouts that could be done very quickly and were intense.  Check out the 20 minute hotel room workout on the FREE RESOURCES of the NERD FITNESS page for a good one.  She also had an insulated lunch box and took a lot of food with her in form of healthy snacks.  Good luck and welcome to the rebellion. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived