Forums are back in action! ×

God of Death in Training

Well, my computer ate my last attempted introduction, so I'm going to keep this short.

Hey, all.  I'm a 29yo Engineer and proud nerd.  I play tabletop rpg's twice a week and run a third game every other week, have 3 different miniatures armies, and build my own costumes.  After getting my first real job, I put on 20lb of fast food around the middle in ~2 years.  After making noises about losing the weight for a year, my roommate convinced me to look into Paleo.  During my research, I came across Nerd Fitness and got hooked pretty much immediately.  Six months of diet and exercise later, I've lost the weight and am in the best shape of my life, but I have no interest in stopping here.  I started lurking on the forums a couple months ago while looking up exercise variants and while surfing today happened to see that the next 6-week challenge is getting ready to start.  So I decided it was time to jump in and see how I could do; I'm even dragging a few friends along for the ride.

And just in case anyone's curious about the thread title, Anim (latin for "life") is the God of Death on the homebrew DnD world my brother and I have been running since middle school and the handle I've been using since I first got online.  Plus "God of Death" is one of the most badass job titles there is, and there's nothing wrong with setting your sights high, right?

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Currently playing a Dragon Monk in L5R (Legend of the 5 Rings) and a combat medic in Only War (40k Imperial Guard) and running a DnD 3.5 game.  I've also run Star Wars Saga Edition and various d20 settings and will play just about anything not 4E.  For miniatures, I have 40k Tau (so happy with the new codex), Hordes Trollbloods (Bjorka Kegslayer FTW), and a Necromunda gang.  Debating trying some more armies, but for the moment those three are taking all my gaming money.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Playing Eldar in 40k since 2nd edition. heard that the new white dwarf had some eldar goodness, but i dont play 40k much any more. Recently started a Malifaux Crew though. I think i may be in love with that game.

RPG wise i am on a desert stretch atm.

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

Archived