Forums are back in action! ×

I need more hats (beyond baseball caps). I have like, none. I just don't know how to pair them well with cloths. Like what would I wear a fedora with, a button down, vest, and jeans?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I need more hats (beyond baseball caps). I have like, none. I just don't know how to pair them well with cloths. Like what would I wear a fedora with, a button down, vest, and jeans?

Talk to seth. That guy knows how to wear a hat :) 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I went to my prom with my gay best friend.  It was all right - he was depressed because everyone was paired up except for him (we didn't have very many openly gay guys at our school) and wasn't much for dancing.  A female friend tried to dance with him and he ran away, crashing into a glass door.  My ex and his psycho girlfriend were both there, but I was able to avoid them pretty easily.  I ended up dancing/hanging out with a female friend of mine most of the night.  I was able to use my prom dress again the next year because I went as a friend's "date".  That may have been a mistake - I think there may have been talk that she was a lesbian.  Probably didn't help that I'd chopped off all of my hair and was sporting a spiky pixie cut at the time.

Ah, high school.  I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Shit, I would.  I would love to do it over with my new found self confidence.  I had 3 awesome groups of friends, 2 from school that I hung out with (the stoners and the smart kids), and 1 from my old neighborhood from before I moved in freshman year (ended up marrying one of the girls), that I wouldn't trade for the world. However, I'd love to see how I'd do with the ladies with self confidence, which never developed until after I was with my wife.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I went to my prom with my gay best friend.  It was all right - he was depressed because everyone was paired up except for him (we didn't have very many openly gay guys at our school) and wasn't much for dancing.  A female friend tried to dance with him and he ran away, crashing into a glass door.  My ex and his psycho girlfriend were both there, but I was able to avoid them pretty easily.  I ended up dancing/hanging out with a female friend of mine most of the night.  I was able to use my prom dress again the next year because I went as a friend's "date".  That may have been a mistake - I think there may have been talk that she was a lesbian.  Probably didn't help that I'd chopped off all of my hair and was sporting a spiky pixie cut at the time.

Shit, I would.  I would love to do it over with my new found self confidence.  I had 3 awesome groups of friends, 2 from school that I hung out with (the stoners and the smart kids), and 1 from my old neighborhood from before I moved in freshman year (ended up marrying one of the girls), that I wouldn't trade for the world. However, I'd love to see how I'd do with the ladies with self confidence, which never developed until after I was with my wife.

I'll go back to high school only if I can give 16 year old jofalltrades a swift kick in the butt. Trust me, she deserves it.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

As someone who was homeschooled and hasn't even found a first gf yet. I wouldn't mind a second chance with that confidence either. I spent waaaaaay to much time locked in my room reading or studying.

I'll go back to high school only if I can give 16 year old jofalltrades a swift kick in the butt. Trust me, she deserves it.

Well, I want to buy a delorean when I graduate, I might be able to help you with that then. ;)

amused.

I have 3 or 4 fedoras. will have to share at some point.  I <3 fedoras.

I haven't worn it with my polka dot dress- but not it looks like I need to make that happen :D

Do it! And some pin up makeup...Mir wants to see!

Yeah.

If you're a hipster.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

If you're a hipster.

So not that then...

See, I have no clue! I'm also in the process of changing how I dress.  I'm finalyl getting in good enough shape that I don't need to wear baggy t-shirt and can rock tighter stuff that shows off my arms and chest. Probably time to grow up out of the cargo shorts all summer thing too...

500 / 330 / 625

Yeah- I actually liked HS.  

JR high on the other hand was hell for m.

I'm not sure I'd want to go back- I want to fairly strict Christian school- (no uniforms though)  but me now- would NOT do well there.  LOL

I'm just totally a different person now. 

So not that then...

See, I have no clue! I'm also in the process of changing how I dress.  I'm finalyl getting in good enough shape that I don't need to wear baggy t-shirt and can rock tighter stuff that shows off my arms and chest. Probably time to grow up out of the cargo shorts all summer thing too...

Naw. Mr. Mir wears cargos all summer. Although - trying to remember how he was dressed at SSS - he usually does a tshirt underneath a short-sleeved button-up for summer. So it looks a *little* nicer.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Prom sucked, for me personally. LET DOWN. Was at the world trade center in dallas (the interior is depressing and abismal at best). The theme for the evening was horrible. "A Red Carpet Affair". Really? They didn't do much as far as decorating goes, just one of those balloon arches over a wee little stage. The seniors were called to walk across the stage. Why this happened, I'm not sure. 95% of the people attending were seniors. Wtf. It was the longest awkward moment, EVAR. and the DJ was atrocious. There is one, and only one plus to this:

I still have my prom dress. And it doesn't fit me anymore. It's waaay to big. HUZZAH! =D

Naw. Mr. Mir wears cargos all summer. Although - trying to remember how he was dressed at SSS - he usually does a tshirt underneath a short-sleeved button-up for summer. So it looks a *little* nicer.

That's exactly what he was wearing, ha! Chrissy likes the short sleeved button up left open too, I just wanna show off the guns now though and who the hell needs layers in summer? I always end up taking the outter shirt off and having to keep track of it or leave it hanging from the back of my pants by looping half of it through my belt.

500 / 330 / 625

That's exactly what he was wearing, ha! Chrissy likes the short sleeved button up left open too, I just wanna show off the guns now though and who the hell needs layers in summer? I always end up taking the outter shirt off and having to keep track of it or leave it hanging from the back of my pants by looping half of it through my belt.

Yeah. I keep telling him he is crazy. Sometimes he will go without a bottom shirt, but not usually. Personally I find it sexy as hell. Or when he wears just a nice-fitting t-shirt.

Anyway. Derail. I seem to be good at that.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Went to my junior prom with my (at the time) senior boyfriend. He hated dancing, and we'd been fighting a lot, so I spent the night sitting at a table with him, scowling at the people whose dates would actually dance with them. It didn't last long. (We're still friends, though, so at least something good came out of it.)

Skipped my senior prom to road trip to Memphis for 311 Day. Got a photo pass for the show and enjoyed the hell out of myself. Still don't regret it. (Skipping my high school graduation, however... kind of regret.) Did, however, go to my friend Shauna's senior prom (she went to a different HS). It was held at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta (look it up, it's suuuuuper grand and fancy), had a blast! The more pressure you put on it, the less fun it is. So just put on your suit and tie and don't make a huge deal of it, just have fun. :)

I went to Prom, and it was wonderful. For my junior prom I dressed up as Robin Hood, and took an unstrung bow as a date. My senior prom I went in a singularly horrific black-and-white-snakeskin print disco outfit. I had put out an open call that I would take any boy who had a kilt as a date, so I ended up taking this really lovely freshman boy with me. We made him a green and red top hat using spray paint and duct tape. It was awesome.

Last year though, I ended up hosting an anti-prom party for my sister and her friends. Instead of going to prom we went out to the local forest and climbed trees. When we came back to the house we baked cookies and watched The Goonies. It was also a completely wonderful experience.

As a side note, I was the DJ for my high school's winter formal, and so instead of having royalty, they got rickrolled. It's still one of my proudest moments. ;)

Fox's blog!

Current Challenge

Wandering Bard Changeling - Ranger - Level 4

STR 4 - DEX 4 - STA 6 - CON 4 - WIS 7 - CHA 5

A Year from now, you'll wish you had started today. ~Karen Lamb