Forums are back in action! ×

Good Day All!

Hello peoples! Brand new to this site, was shown it by a coworker. It all looks great and I'm actually (for once) excited to work out. :nevreness: Wanted to share a bit of my story.

Since my wife and I were dating before we got married, I started putting on weight. Part of it being too comfortable, part of it being laziness and some small part being her amazing cooking! She's actually a pretty healthy person who used to weigh a lot more and with WeightWatchers she trimmed down a ton before we even met and still exercises regularly (running/jogging). She tried to get me into it, but I just become disinterested in jogs, walks and runs. I even bought myself an exercise bike, which I used every other day for about a month and have even been slipping on that.

The losing weight thing isn't too much of an issue for me though, I got on WeightWatchers and (as long as I stick to it) I've been losing the pounds. I've had my weak moments and gained some back, but that's all on me, not the plan. However, I want more than just to shed a few pounds. I want to be stronger and have a higher overall fitness level. I want functional strength and the ability to not feel out of breath when I walk up some stairs. 

I tried out the beginner workout as a test. I figure I'll see how this goes, and if I like it, then I'll buy into the system. My first day was this morning and...WOW! What a workout! In all honesty, I couldn't even fully complete one circuit. I could only do 5 normal pushups before I had to use my knees and after 15 lunges I felt like I was going to die. This worked me harder than any amount of time I could spend on the bike. Now it has me motivated. I want to be able to do 3 circuits of the workout. That's my goal and one that I feel is a lot more tangible than something like "get fit" which is so nebulous. My biggest issue is staying motivated, and I feel a lot of that is because I've never had a tangible goal. Now I actually feel like I have a particular goal to work towards and that will help keep me motivated.

Archived