Forums are back in action! ×

Allow myself to introduce...myself. RogueWelkin.

Hello Rebels!

I'm RogueWelkin. I've been a reader of the Nerd Fitness blog for many years but haven't made my way into the community until now. I like to consider myself a decent sci-fi/fantasy geek of movies, tv, and books. I've been known to enjoy working with Computers and Electronics and am occasionally open to trying out new things. In January of 2009 I was diagnosed as a Type 2 Diabetic. At the time I weighed over 260 pounds. After cutting out soda and such I settled in around the 230 - 245 range. I've always wanted to lose weight, but never found myself fully capable of committing properly. A few years ago I got myself down to around 200 lbs and felt better than I had in a long time, by following Vic Magary's 31 Day Fat Loss Plan which I found via Nerd Fitness. After finding success with that for a couple months I had some major life changes (new girlfriend primarily) which adjusted my schedule, goals, and motivations. That mixed a large variety of other potential issues caused me to fail, and I've been floating around the 230-245 range again. Though I've made several attempts since then none have really stuck. 

I had debated doing some of the six week challenges here, but I may have misunderstood precisely how they worked, and I had felt they would not be suitable for me so I stayed away. However NF's recent article regarding them clarified my understanding of how they work and so for the first time I've made my way into this end of Nerd Fitness and joined up in my first  (of hopefully many) Six Week Challenge as an Adventurer.

I've got a bad habit of jumping right into online communities and then spending a month there and disappearing, sometimes randomly popping back in for random bits of information (this happens a lot on automotive forums), though there is one online community out there that I've been a part of for nearly 20 years (sort of....it's a complicated tale that involves mergers and such). I'm hopeful that this will be a community I stick to, and that I will not fade away as time goes forward.

So... Howdy!

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Thanks EmmaH!

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Archived