Forums are back in action! ×

Hello guys

Hello guys,

I'm 28 years old and from Sweden. I'm here to get a new and healthier lifestyle going permanently. I work a desk job and like to play MMOs such as EVE Online in my spare time. A lot of sitting going on there.

I've tried to start excercising many times, but I've quit and other things have "gotten in the way" an equal amount of times. My girfriend, who is addicted to running (she's ran the Marathon twice!), managed to push/inspire me to start running. And that's what I've mainly been doing in the way of excercise. I was really proud of myself last year when I ran in a 10 km sort of community running event in my hometown. However, I stopped after that and only went out like two times during the rest of the year. 

At the beginning of this year, I decided enough was enough and set a goal to run in that community event again. I also got a friend to agree to come along. However, I broke a toe in my foot in January and was unable to run properly until April. I still joined the community event (but for 5 km instead of 10 km) and managed to go out running 2 times before the event, and once after. So I'm up and running again, so to speak! Feeling motivated.

Now, I would also like to start to do some strength training. I've always been a skinny guy and all that sitting by the computer hasn't really improved my muscles. I got the tip from a friend to start slow and do some squats, push-ups, and such every now and then. And when I googled how to do squats properly, I came across the Rebellion. And I felt like I had found the right place straight away!

So, now I've done some squats and push-ups and some planking twice (only body weight right now). My body hurts, but I feel strangely motivated to continue. I'm planning to do more of that stuff and then move on to using weights. I'm also planning to take part in the next 6-week challenge, when I feel like I know what goals I'm aiming for (other than to just start, and KEEP ON, excercising). I hope to learn a lot from the community, and also to maybe be able to contribute as well!

Cheers,

dkz

Half-Elf Adventurer | Level 1

28 years | 193cm/6'4" | 83kg/182lbs

STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

No challenge yet.

Hi!

Yeah, so I have noticed. I'm feeling quite sore after my three sessions this last week (squats, pushups, side-plank). No gain without a bit of pain, I suppose!

Cool, well I guess I better get myself some goals and join in then :)

Half-Elf Adventurer | Level 1

28 years | 193cm/6'4" | 83kg/182lbs

STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

No challenge yet.

Archived