Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, NF Community!

Greetings!

I found out about this site through the Q&A over at deadspin and have decided to start taking my fitness more seriously. I'm 5'9" and last year I was at the heaviest I had ever been at 213 lbs and went to a gym to join my roommates and decided to start actually paying attention to what I eat. I'm now at ~176, but I was doing mostly cardio and not seeing muscle development due to my ignorance of how to do strength training correctly.

I've recently had a lengthy hiatus from a regular workout due to a job change, but I'm now going to recommit to doing things the right way and getting the results I want. With enough work and effort I know I'll be able to get to a better ratio between muscle and fat and end up looking better. I'm not ashamed to admit my vanity is part of my motivation for this process.

As far as my nerd cred goes, I've been playing games ever since my grandfather got me a NES back in the 80s though now I'm much more a PC gamer thanks to building my own machines and the glory of Steam. I used to play WoW (a lot, no seriously, it was a boatload) though now I'm much more of a dilettante with my gaming. I also participate in a long running tabletop RPG game set in the Warhammer 40k universe and thoroughly enjoy introducing people to great board games and RPGs and volunteer for the gaming section at DragonCon each year to do so.

Thanks in advance for the support and I look forward to keeping you guys updated with my progress.

Archived