Forums are back in action! ×

Finally taking it up a level

I'll try not to get too wordy here.  I'm 35 years old and working to be in the best shape of my life before my next birthday.  Basic info is Male, 5'6", and currently 147 lbs (about as light as I've ever been in my adult life).  I'm not new to fitness or nutrition but am constantly reminded of how little I know.  Started lifting weights in high school and while I stayed in decent shape all through college I was never dedicated enough to really see gains.  Also, I see now I knew nothing about how to eat to gain muscle.  I gained about 30 pounds after college, lost it, then spent the next several years gaining weight, dieting, then gaining the same weight back.  Most recently, I've lost about 8 lbs over the last 3 months, succeeding in my goal to fit back into my favorite suit in time for a wedding we're going to this weekend.  I've been reading the NF blog for the past year and have really enjoyed the common sense workout and diet info and also the motivational post.  Now that my weight is getting close to what has historically been a sticking point, I decided to sign up to get some help leveling up my body.  I'm determined to be more consistent in the past and not give up my hard earned gains by eating fried foods and junk all winter.  On that note, this past winter was the first in my adult life that my weight held steady.  Now I want to go further and drop my body fat % further and also build muscle.  Look forward to getting some valuable info and also having a group to keep me accountable.

Archived