Forums are back in action! ×

European rebel reporting for duty!

Hello everyone  :)

So… I'm CombatBoot, and I live in Europe. Right now I'm in a pretty good shape, being 6'2" at 156 pounds and ± 9-12% body fat.

My journey into getting stronger and healthier started about 1 year ago, when I made some half-assed, unguided and uneducated

attempts at working out (lots of push ups and some dabbling with dumbbells). While that wasn't very effective, I got somewhat stronger, as there isn't much needed to improve on nothing…

6 months ago however, I started doing Krav Maga thanks to a friend of mine, and I have gotten a LOT "harder, better, faster, stronger" thanks to that. 3 months ago I started really working out - bodyweight only, I don't like working out in gyms, and I just prefer using my own weight, as that's what I'm using in Krav Maga - and I've gotten quite some gains thanks to that. 

Couple all of this with the fact that the last few years I've cycled from 150 to 200 kilometers a week and I have gotten a solid fitness base from all of this.

Of course, there still are a lot of dragons to slay: I'm about as flexible as a brick, and while my strength has improved, it's still not all that impressive. Furthermore, I've been willing to get into parkour, and that has been… challenging as well, to say the least. 

Right now I'm working towards one-handed push ups, perfecting my parkour roll and performing a handstand, as I just can't keep my balance…

Well, that pretty much it… I'm glad to finally be a part of the rebellion!

And I still don't know wether to be a Ranger or an Assassin...  :tongue:

Lever 3 Survivor - STR:5/DEX:2,75/STA:6/CON:3,5/WIS:3/CHA:1

Challenges: 1 | 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Robert Heinlein

Archived