Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there! I'm Marley, a 22 year old student from The Netherlands. I hope becoming active on this forum will help me more with my ultimate weight-losing goal. I will talk about breasts now, hopefully I'm not embarrassing anyone with my story!

I've been struggling with my weight throughout puberty and I'm at my highest (81 kg or 180,77 lb), which means I'm overweight for my 5'5" tall self. The main problem I have is with my heavy breasts. I have a G-cup which pulls my entire body off-center and give me terrible back and shoulder pains. It's only gotten worse now that I gained weight again. I am seriously considering a breast reduction, since I still had an E-cup when I was at my lowest adult weight (62 kg). My GP already told me I will have to lose at least 15 kilos before I'm even considered for an operation like that! 

So! My ultimate goal is to lose enough weight to either a) be rid of an unbalanced, aching body or B) opt for breast reduction surgery. Luckily, the health care system here makes that non-aesthetic surgery completely free so I only have weight-loss to worry about.

Reading the latest NerdFitness newsletter I'm happy to say I live a mostly sugar-free life - plain coffee, tea and self-made ice tea together with carbonated water are the only things I drink at the moment. My biggest problem is carbs, I love whole-wheat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, fries, burgers etc. etc. Together with a busy, stressful life-style and being an emotional eater I'm not surprised I gained almost 18 kg last year, after both my mother and mother-in-law were diagnosed with cancer and I tried to juggle my job, university, my student association and taking care of my boyfriends family. Yes yes, take-away food was the easy option. When my boyfriend told me he started to find me unattractive I realized that it was time to get healthy again and take control of my bod! :) I love just about any food, I just found myself buying the unhealthy ones waaay too often...

For €6 a month (!) I can work out at the gym of my student association, which has two bycicles, a treadmill, a cross-trainer, one of those weird shaking things, and some basic dumbbells and aerobics materials. I am doing the beginners workout (a day of interval training on the bike after a day of lifting exercise) and I find myself to enjoy it quite well! I did swap some of the exercises (like jumping jacks, ouch!) for a more breast-friendly training, and I'm thinking of picking up swimming as it's a great way to firm that area.

If there are any women (or men? or boobed transgenders?) who have some tips on exercising with the pain and discomfort of h00ge b00bs... I'd love to hear your story :)

Level 1 Halfling Adventurer (trying for Ranger): STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 2  CHA: 3

Hello from another Newbie!

I can definitely relate to having larger breasts and back problems. So many people say they wish they had my boobs, but they have no idea how much pain they cause!

My only advice is  make sure you have a really supportive sports bra. I actually wear two sports bras and in addition, a sports tank top that has a built in bra. That helps really compress them and keep them from bouncing around.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother and mother in law. My uncle is currently fighting Leukemia and it seriously sucks. I'm sorry that you're going through that.

Before my breast reduction surgery, I was a 36EE. I know your pain =/ I actually had to gain weight for my surgery though, which is what led me to being overweight now.

Before the surgery, I would wear a high support minimizing bra, and then for exercise I would take a really big ace bandage, wrap it around the bottom, and criss cross it over my chest. That helped quite a bit for exercising.

Good luck!

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

Guest Dirty Deads

I'd opt for the surgery regardless. My ex had (I believe she said...) LL breasts and she couldn't workout for the most part. I think the pool is great as it relieves the stress and can be used for both cardio and strength. Also, I wanted to say back work would help, but as you're working your back 24/7 now it probably won't help. I say do some good core stuff. That will help you stay up and support yourself.

Last thing I have to say is that your boyfriend should be ashamed of himself. You are gorgeous and a little weight shouldn't change that.

Archived