Forums are back in action! ×

New to the rebellion

Hello all,

My name is Allen, I'm a nerd, and that's ok, because not only do I try to level my Everquest druid and mage as fast as humanly possible, I can squat an ogre, a dwarf and 2 gnomes, and I can run further than a necro yelling "TRAIN INC" in Karnor's. (The old everquest nerds will know EXACTLY what I'm saying).

My journey began last June when I had some health issues. I was told by a doctor that if I didn't lose weight, my liver could fail. With the fact that I'm a foster dad and looking to adopt at some point in my life, it was time to get off my butt and take control of my life. I read, read, got confused, looked for a quick fix, got frustrated, then talked to a friend of mine from an old bodybuilding forum I moderated on back in the day. He said "quit f'in around, lift heavy, run, and eat like ya got some sense".

Guess what.. It worked!  I didn't stress that I wasn't doing 80 reps of flyes or 120 reps of concentration curls. I started running using couch to 5k at first, dropped about 30 pounds. Then incorporated some bodyweight/kettlebell work in along with running, down another 30. Weight loss started to slow a bit so I started looking into a gym membership. There were some reasonable ones, but I got lucky and came across an olympic bench and 300 pounds of olympic plates and a bar cheap. Thus 6 weeks ago the powerlifting commenced.

Now, I'm 227, throwing a good amount of weight around, and still losing. I eat at a caloric deficit and eat as clean as I possibly can. I want to get down to 205.

I'm here to help people achieve their goals and get support in finishing my epic quest, which is a body fat percentage under 15. 

Thanks for reading my book :)

Losing weight is easy, the lifestyle change is hard. Nothing worth doing is easy. If it were easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.  - me

Level 0 Human Ranger

started at 303

current weight : 225

goal : 205 or 15 percent body fat

bench : 180

squat : 295

I'm more of a Ranger type :)

Losing weight is easy, the lifestyle change is hard. Nothing worth doing is easy. If it were easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.  - me

Level 0 Human Ranger

started at 303

current weight : 225

goal : 205 or 15 percent body fat

bench : 180

squat : 295

Archived