Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! Nice to meet you guys. Hailing from the drab and boring Singapore, I've actually been lurking here but I think it's time to do something for once. I'm 174cm or 5' 8" and I'm male. :D

To be honest, things were going well before I stalled. At the start of the year I was 103kg and 43" round my waist. Here today, I'm 91kg and 36". It had to do with the Keto diet (which on hindsight realised what I did was more of a generous PSMF - terrible!), but I want to make it a lifestyle.

As I said, I stalled, I started consuming carbs of all kind, but thankfully the weight hasn't come back. However, the inches did (not by much, really). But my reason of coming here was to get some encouragement on what I wanted to do, such as trying to do some exercise (yes, I don't at the moment), and try to kick off procrastination along the way which remains my greatest weakness. I also intend to train my perseverance along the way - it wasn't easy keeping up keto when I was at home. Everyone eats rice and all sorts of carbs in this city-state; I had objections from family members that 'fat was going to make me fat', and weird looks from friends when I skip rice. I'm proud to say I haven't had rice for half a year - but that's only the starting point. I will need to do more, and will do more.

What else about me? Hmm, I used to read books, but time doesn't permit now. I don't really play computer games any more, but when I do, it'll be Medieval II Total War with either the TATW mod or the Stainless Steel mod. I'm trying to make my learning more of a fun thing than a chore, but I'll have to work that out.

Here I am. And here I'll try (there's no try, really) to improve myself, be it fitness-related or anything else. It'll take time, but if I don't start, I'll never get there, and if I don't start, I'll probably regret some time later. 

Here's a quote that I've known since when I was very young (from a children's book). Admittedly, it has helped me a lot, but over time I've forgotten it. Thank goodness I've managed to find it again: 

“Your mind knows that you are going to Songdo.  But you must not tell your body.  It must think one hill, one valley, one day at a time.  In that way, your spirit will not grow weary before you have even begun to walk.â€

And like that guy in the book, now I go on my own journey.

P.S. Does anyone knows how to include paleo/primal into keto? Not to mention, how can I ever get enough fat on keto? It seems that I always overload my protein, yet not getting enough fats. Thought it was ok at first but further reading tells me fats is actually better as a fuel source than protein - which is why I said I was more on a generous PSMF instead on hindsight :P

P.P.S. Thanks so much for reading! I'm so sorry I forgot my manners - happens when I'm on a keyboard. :)

Archived