Forums are back in action! ×

What gets to me is, you know, when, you know, people say, you know, "you know, every other, you know, word in a, you know, conversation. I can't follow what they're saying because I'm anticipating/flinching at the next you know. You know?

This. And umm when people umm say umm "umm" all the umm time. I was watching a video from an old (last year) championship ultimate frisbee game last night and the commentators BOTH kept saying "Umm" or "uh" so much so that I was frequently yelling at them for their excessive an unnecessary use of the word. It drove me crazy, I was fuming by the end!

Guest Dirty Deads

the heat doesn't play good against miami.

You corrected him on good vs. well and the fact that Miami IS The Heat right? Some guys should not talk sports.

whatever the two teams were- I don't know I don't remember.  I don't do basketball.  Maybe the 76ers?? I seriously don't know.  They DO basketball- I do not on the other hand-(basketball is rubbish- and it's only a step above baseball so yeah I don't know) go ahead and pick another team and substitute it right on it LOL

apparently it is very difficult.

I actually said it one time to a kid- I was at a bar/resturant- and he was using the phone of the gentleman to my right's... and he just kept saying where you be at where you be where you be at.  I didn't handle it well- I waited until he ended his phone call and I turned around and said- it's "where are you"  not "where you be at"  needless to say he didn't appreciate my help... but drunk Jo didn't care.  Drunk Jo is a stickler for proper grammar.  

This is awesome - I wish upon wish upon wish that I could do that haha. Reminds me of the time I was on a plane with a kid who kept screaming and kicking my seat ... what about the mother you ask? Didn't give a shit. I turned to my dude and said "if she doesn't parent her kids in about 5 seconds I'm gonna show her a thing or two about it ... I don't even care if we don't have kids."

He wasn't impressed. Whatever. Sometimes people need more help than they're aware of. :nonchalance::pride:

"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts -- it's what you do with what you have left."

- Hubert H. Humphrey

Azer - Ranger - (STR) 3 (DEX) 2 (STA) 2 (CON) 3 (WIS) 3 (CHA) 2

Level 1

Battle Log ∙ Tumblr ∙ Instagram ∙ Twitter

Yay. This thread gives me a happy.

Another thing I thought of - irregardless. NOT A WORD, PEOPLE. IT'S JUST NOT. I don't care that your spell check doesn't catch it. STILL NOT A WORD.

Definitely - literally, decimate, etc etc etc.

Jo - it's YATTA :D

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Yay. This thread gives me a happy.

Another thing I thought of - irregardless. NOT A WORD, PEOPLE. IT'S JUST NOT. I don't care that your spell check doesn't catch it. STILL NOT A WORD.

Definitely - literally, decimate, etc etc etc.

Jo - it's YATTA :D

When people say irregardless it makes me want to punch them in the face.

Irregardless, I neese to loose some weight.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

People who use pacific instead of specific. Argh! That one pecifically kills me! ;)

I've heard people getting mad about that, but I've literally* NEVER seen anyone actually ever use it. I have a hard time believing it's a thing.

* Hey, I used it correctly!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I say it....

But it's a long running joke among a certain circle of friends.  A particular contractor RE ALWAYS said the strangest things- 'pacific being one of them.

or "you really gotta hold a man's feet against the wall"

so yeah- we say 'pacific- but we say it in a funny ass accent along with it.  LOL It's TOTALLY a thing that happen occasionally. 

When people say irregardless it makes me want to punch them in the face.

I call dibs on second punch, most of these common errors don't bother me at all, but "irregardless" and "i could care less" drive me into the kind of rage that would see me burn the world just to extinguish those who speaks these atrocities. 

Can't believe it hasn't been said, considering it's a fitness forum:

It's "BREATHE".  Not "BREATH".  

Yes, you can be out of breath, have bad breath, etc.  I'm talking about people who misspell "breathe".

I see this all the time: "It was hard to breath after my workout", "I forget to breath out when I'm lifting weights", etc.  Arrrrrrrgh!  I've seen it so many times, sometimes in actual fitness articles, that I had to double check the dictionary to see if it was an acceptable spelling alternative.  It's not.