Forums are back in action! ×

Just the Beginning ..

Hey :)

Im Lozz -  new here, new to strength training and also brand new at my gym! I have always been sort of skinny-fat i guess, and I have never been quite happy. I have gone through periods of regular cardio & bodyweight workouts but have never ventured into the world of lifting. After recently discovering the benefits I am ready to jump in!

I am 22, female and living in Australia. I work a desk job full time, study full time and commute 3hours a day so have never had much spare time to workout but i am no long using that as an excuse!!  My aim is to get strong, lose some fat and put on some muscle :) I already eat fairly healthy, but will apparently need to up my calorie intake substantially to keep up with my new plans.

I am currently seeing a PT to sort out my form and then i think i will start a NROL workout program. I think my main problem is going to be motivation to keep going but based on my last couple of workouts - lifting is fun!! The only other problem is my upper body is REALLY weak, so i am having to start with really low weights - but i guess we all have to start somewhere.

Also - the free weight room is terrifying!! So far i am the only female there that ventures out of the cardio area and i think it will take some gettin used to.

Hoping this site will keep me motivated and informed on what i should be doing

Thanks guys

- Lozz

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

[sTR] 12 [DEX] 7 [sTA] 10 [CON] 5 [WIS] 8 [CHA] 4

Battle Log | FitocracyCurrent ChallengePrevious Challenges: #1 #2 #3

Hey, it's alright. Don't be intimidated by the free weights and the company they draw in. Even though you're forced to go light right now, eventually you'll be showing people up with heavier weight. As far as motivation is concerned, I put pictures of myself up and keep a public log. That way I know people are watching and it pushes me to keep going until I hit my goals.

Stay frosty and good luck!

Thanks for the tips :)

Cant help but be intimidated when Im in there at the moment but i am sure that will change pretty soon once i get used to it!! Definitely putting myself way out of my comfort zone with all of this - but i am actually loving it!

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

[sTR] 12 [DEX] 7 [sTA] 10 [CON] 5 [WIS] 8 [CHA] 4

Battle Log | FitocracyCurrent ChallengePrevious Challenges: #1 #2 #3

This might sound crazy right now - but you will get the biggest buzz the day you walk into the free weights area at the gym once your confident with your technique and training program!! Haha the boys always try harder when there's a girl in the weights room ;)

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!†–Audrey Hepburn

Archived