Forums are back in action! ×

My First Woot!

Okay, so I just started doing the Angry Birds workout this month because I felt like a total wimp and have never had any strength to do things for myself. I've been slowly progressing through the levels and feeling pretty good about it, but it's kind of hard to tell if I was "really getting stronger". Yesterday I couldn't get a jar of mustard open and finally gave up and had to take it to my (much stronger) husband. It took him a good minute to open it compared to the usual flick of his wrist and its open.

Then today, the 5 gallon water cooler at work was empty. I almost did what I usually do and just filled up with tap water to avoid having to ask someone else to switch out the jugs. Instead, I decided that I was going to try to change it out myself. To my shock, it wasn't even hard! I have literally been almost in tears before trying to lift those things, and while it was still heavy for me it wasn't a struggle at all! It's so exciting to already see how much easier I can do things that I couldn't before! WOOT!

Next steps: first "real" push-ups coming soon!

Wollio

Lvl 3 Human Warlock Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 3 CON 6 WIS 2 CHA 5

"Happiness is anyone and anything at all

That’s loved by you."

-You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Battle of the Willpower Wastelands (Current Challenge)

The Need for Speed (Ch 2)

Strength for the Journey Ahead (Ch 1)

Countdown to an Epic Journey (Intro)

Follow the Horizon (personal blog)

Congratulations Wollio! It's so nice to have those little accomplishments in the beginning isnt it? Its what helps us stay motivated because we can tell things are actually going in the right direction!  I just started the Paleo Diet again this past sunday and already feel like positive things are happening for me. I hope to be able to post my own first woot soon as well. Take care! :D (I've also never done my own first real push up or pull up and that is a goal of mine as well!)