Forums are back in action! ×

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...

Hey all. My name is Amber and I am looking to improve my health and life. I am 31, 5'4" and 180lbs. My ideal weight would be around 135. I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, sister and friend. I am busy. I have four kids who keep me busy. I was looking for something to better myself, and I found Nerd Fitness. I love the ideas and concepts and feel that this is the right fit for me. I am starting to eat Paleo, and have decided to start small with the 30 day ab challenge for fitness. I'm on day 2! My biggest fear is failure, and my biggest problem is lack of consistency. I stop before I get started because I fear failing. So my long term goals are to get healthy, lose the excess weight, and be more active, but I am going to take it one day at a time. 

Hi Amber, and congrats on starting your journey!  I agree with Laureleye.  I feel so lame when I give up or don't try at all.  The best way to stay consistent is to do workouts that you like, and to eat healthy food that you enjoy.  That way it isn't a chore, it is something you look forward to.  Also, do you feel like you have support?  Plenty of people are able to make big changes without support, but in my observations, a support network can be a real difference-maker.  This forum is a good start.  Is your hubby on board?  Are there people in your life to help keep you accountable?  Even if there aren't, don't give up!  You can do it, people change their lives everyday.  Good luck with your venture!

It's nice that you and your wife can do this together.  Sometimes when one spouse is trying to get healthy, but the other one isn't, conflicts arise.  But this way you can support each other and keep the whole family accountable.  I looked at that thirty day ab challenge... Holy crap!  You must be a tough mama.  :)  Hope it is going great for you.  My focus this summer is also my core, but I have generally been doing ab-focused workouts three times a week.  Let me know if you have good results by doing them nearly every day, I have never attempted that.  Keep going with the baby steps, you can do it.  :)

Archived