Forums are back in action! ×

Hi y'all -

I'm a 47 year old guy in San Antonio, Texas who has decided to (finally) get off of the couch and take control of my health. I have been lurking around this site for a while and decided to take the first step after reading all of the great stories in the forums and articles on the site.

Stopped smoking about eight years ago (after 23 years) but didn't get into a fitness routine so unfortunately gained weight and have had a hard time trying to get into shape. Finally realized that if I don't do it now, I face a future of health issues and won't be around for my family.

My goals are small for now - just do the Basic Bodyweight Workout for a month with interval walking/ jogging on off days. My eventual goal is to get my body fat down to below 20% (starting at almost 30%) and bring my blood pressure under control.

And based on the Member Map, it looks like I'm breaking new ground in San Antonio!

Dan

Half - Elf Adventurer

Level 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

"It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up."

Actually, we have a lot of Texans, so I'm sure you'll find someone else in your area that just isn't on the member map.  Remember that you are not 25 anymore, so be realistic in your workouts.  Don't be afraid do adjust the beginner's body weight to your current fitness level.  I'd also start off with a couple of rest days per week - your muscles and joints need recovery time. 

You can also help get your blood pressure undercontrol be eating clean.  You'll find the guide to healthy eating on the Nerd Fitness Resources page. 

Send me a message if I can give you any other help. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit