Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy!

Name's Alex and I've finally decided to make a change in my dull/idle life! 

At 5'11" and 150lbs, I'm not necessarily under or overweight. But I am not physically where I want to be. 

Eventually, I'd like to be in the 165lb range and be more physically active than I am now. I've been looking into Parkour, Slack-lining, and weight lifting a tad, among other things. 

My main issue now is my severe lack of motivation. Getting up early enough to workout in the mornings before I head to work (i.e 5-530) is near impossible with the level of motivation I have now. And I'm in the same situation after I get off of work. My job consists of a moderate amount of cardio outside in the Texas heat with a large helping of stress, which by the time I get off leaves me dog tired and with almost maxed out stress levels. 

BUT, I'd love to change that.  :tyrannosaurus:

Any advice is welcome and appreciated! 

I already get up at 5:15, so I'm with you on the AM workouts.  I work out as soon as I get home.  Yes, you are "tired" when you get home, but that's mostly your brain, not your body.  I get home, eat a small snack, and go straight to my workout.  No mail, no email, no chit-chat.  I do a lot of walking at work, so I keep my workout very should.  Hope this helps. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit