Forums are back in action! ×

Cheers from Hungary

Hey everyone,

I'm Gary a 19 year old engineering student from Budapest, Hungary. It's really awesome that I stumbled upon the Rebellion (although having spent my life as a huge Star Wars geek joining a rebellion was inevitable), it's nice to see other people trying to get in shape and actually work together toward an amazing goal.

Mine is to finally stick to a training program.

I'm 6'3'' (188cm) and 185 pounds (84 kg) and nerdly speaking around level 3 but only because I've been farming on lvl 1 rats. What I mean is that I used to do wrestling for 5-6 years until high school, then kung fu, then basketball, then yoga so managed to keep myself in shape to a certain degree (and now I fear I'm exaggerating) but I feel I could be much more effective. Since I stopped all of these activities I've tried a dozen programs but was a lazy ass and didn't really dedicated myself to any of them.

Now thanks to NerdFitness in the last couple of weeks I finally put a training program together and although having a pretty hard time with it, I'm doing my best to continue it and work toward my goal.
I'm writing an introduction here because I'd really appreciate if any of you guys (and of course girls:)) could share your opinion on my training routine:)

So it is the following:
-I exercise twice a day - in the morning and in the evening

-There are two main sessions (day A and B which revolve with a 'rest day' in between)

On day A and B I mainly do basic body weight, functional strength training. In the morning I begin with a quick 5 min jump rope session (working toward 10 then 30 minutes:)), then in the evening I do push ups, pull ups, squats and their variations - this is day A. On day B I do handstand push ups, bridges and leg raises.

On my 'rest day' I don't really rest, first thing in the morning is a quick parkour strength training (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/).
I don't do parkour just yet, as I just started running and fear that I lack the funcional strength needed for parkour. I follow Dakao's advice and do one or two sets of push ups, squats, leg lifts and pull ups (my arch enemy). Then in the evening I do some interval training although not jogging/sprinting yet, only walking/running at a comfortable pace.
I also do yoga one day a week.

I'd like to build strength/endurance which I feel I lack but at the same time I'm trying to get into running, mainly because at the moment I'm pretty bad at it.

Any opinions/comments are welcome and honestly appreciated :joyous:

Looking forward to be part of this amazing community,
Gary