Forums are back in action! ×

Wanting a better quality of life...

Hey guys!

I'm a former WoW (currently in GW2) gamer (along with my xbox 360) and father of a super awesome three year old and beautiful wife (prego with our second and due next month!). 

I currently weigh in around 300 (298 exactly) and I found this site while looking for paleo diets. I'm 28 and in the IT field. I weighed 332 at one point and got myself on a calorie counting diet with 45 minutes of cardio training 5 days a week. I dropped down to 278 then had a 6 month travelling tour installing wifi networks. 

The travelling took me out of my game and emotionally drained me. I missed my wife and son and with a gone a week home a week routine, I really lost my motivation to take care of myself. Plus, it's pretty rough to eat healthy and exercise when you are in a new hotel every night of the week. Oh, did I mention I was also completing my 2 year degree on-line while doing all this....

I have a lot of issues that I'm trying to tackle. I'm currently in the process of quitting smoking again. I'm down to two a day. My main personal issues are my mood swings, extremely low self-esteem, paranoia, eating poorly (fatty carb filled foods), and my weight. I fully believe that it's all related to the poor eating habits I have. When I hit 332 lbs., I went in for a physical and was diagnosed pre-diabetic, had a hypothyroid that was not producing what it should, and had high blood pressure and cholesterol. After my initial weight loss, all of those things were gone!

I just picked up the fitness guide in hopes of getting my life straight and helping my family get a better quality of life. I know there is a better person underneath this mask that I alone am responsible for and I just want to be a better husband and father. The person my family deserves, and that I honestly know I should be. 

I look forward to making friends and hopefully staying on the boat to success. I know we all can be successful and happy, it just takes effort and dropping the bad habits in line with the right game plan. 

P.S. Can Game of Thrones take any longer to get back on the tube...geesh.

Ant