Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!  I found Nerd Fitness a few days ago and have been slowly making my way through the articles.  Then, of course, I have to do my independent research to see if it's legit.  Conclusion: Yep.  So here I am, joining the rebellion.  I'm 30, 5'0", and I don't know how much I weigh, because I've been avoiding the scale like the plague.  My sedentary job, stress eating, and some hip issues have led to me gaining some weight that I'd like to take off, but my main goal is to be healthy.  Also, I am a Ranger. 

Main goal:  Be healthy

With that in mind, I have some subgoals that are more specific.

1. Gain muscle
  2. Run a 5k without stopping
  3. Work up to weight training with free weights

My game plan is:

1. Do the Beginner Body Weight routine three times a week
  2. Run twice a week
  3. Start cleaning up my diet.  I'm thinking the Paleo diet might work for me.
  4. Join the 6 Week Challenge when the next one starts.

I'm a big time bookworm.  I'll read anything but romance.  My favorite genres are Science Fiction and Fantasy.  I also read a lot of nonfiction, particularly history.  I'm a gamer.  I've played CoH/CoV, WoW, Age of Conan, currently playing SWTOR and Neverwinter.  I prefer RPGs to FPSs.  Some of my favorite games are Final Fantasy VII, Skyrim, any of the Assassin's Creed titles.  I love Star Trek (TNG, baby!), Doctor Who (I'm partial to Nine, with Ten a close second), Star Wars (Han shot first), and almost anything Marvel.

Looking forward to meeting you all!  (Also, I'm on Fitocracy as Maireaine.)

Level 0 Halfling RangerSTR: 0| DEX: 0| STA: 0| CON: 0| WIS: 0| CHA: 0Introduction: Battle Log: ;Challenge #1: Challenge Group: Full Metal Penguins

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf the Grey

Hi Maireaine!

I'm a new to this site too, and also joining in the next challenge. I did much the same as you, reading articles, checking facts, then finally deciding to get involved. It's nice to meet you! I never owned a scale until about a month ago, and once you get over the fear of looking, I found that a weekly weigh in does wonders to keep you accountable. That and measurements, photos, blah blah blah. I'm sure you've read it before. Anyway, HI! Feel free to friend me and we can all do this challenge together :)

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

Archived