Forums are back in action! ×

Any Productivity Nerds Out There??

So I've been trying to narrow down what type of nerd I am. I have never seen Star Wars (please don't kill me), Indiana Jones, or more than a handful of Star Trek or Big Bang Theory episodes. I don't cosplay (yet?), I've never been too into comic books, and while I have played a few sessions of D&D it was years ago. I used to be a band geek, but haven't played in ages. Ditto for drama. Ask me about anything pop culture, and I'll look at you like this o__0

HOWEVER, I jam on productivity. Jam on it!

My homepage is Lifehacker, and I check it and LifeHack regularly. I have been a reader of Cal Newport's books and blogs for years, and I firmly believe they helped get me into medical school. I knew about Tim Ferriss before the 4-Hour-Body. Scott H Young is kind of my hero. I am constantly looking for genius ways to use a binder clip. I love feeling like I'm doing anything, from peeling an entire bulb of garlic in ten seconds to studying for finals, the most efficient way possible. 

Anybody out there in the Nerdiverse with me?

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

I am a huge fan of Lifehacker, despite their many redesigns, even have a copy of their book. Live on Lifehacker.

I tried GTD, seemed more crap than useful to me, so I just try to use what works for me.

I like and prefer to be organized, but I am not the perfectionist that my father is.

Used to play D&D in college and beyond, played many other rpg games on paper with dice. But that was a long time ago.

Was into computer's since 1980. First computer was an Apple2+.

I like to softmod original xboxes, jailbreak idevices for fun.

I am never settled with technodevices as is, I always to want to see what else I can do with them.

I am now turning into a Garage/Mancave Geek gradually, not sure if that's an oxymoron.

The key thing for productivity, do you feel your time is wasted, do you feel your days are well spent?

While you should always be open to new ideas and approaches as there is always something new to learn and to master, you shouldn't become obsessive about productivity unless your not happy with how your time is spent.

So good to see I'm not alone in my nerd-dom!!

I love productivity but I suck at it. 

And FFS, go watch Star Wars.

Haha well, there are so many pop culture references to all the things I haven't seen that I feel like I have seen them. I know Chewy is a hairy dude who gargles instead of talks. I know JarJar Binks isn't a *real* StarWars character in the sense that most fans groan and pretend he never existed. I know that *SPOILER* Luke and Leia are siblings. I kinda feel like I'd be bored now if I saw it, haha. 

Current Challenge Goals:

Daily Battle Log 

Food I Make

Haha well, there are so many pop culture references to all the things I haven't seen that I feel like I have seen them. I know Chewy is a hairy dude who gargles instead of talks. I know JarJar Binks isn't a *real* StarWars character in the sense that most fans groan and pretend he never existed. I know that *SPOILER* Luke and Leia are siblings. I kinda feel like I'd be bored now if I saw it, haha.

Watch it with someone who loves it. Trust me.

I have read Tim Ferriss book three times, I like to read every year to stay productive and don't lose focus. I also love the Scott Young blog and I'm currently on the Learning in Steroids course :)

Do you like also Zen Habits, from Leo Babauta?

My problem is that I get overload of info, a lot really. And I put in practice only a small part of this :/ I think that I also need improve my diet on information...

Do you have any tips about it? 

I will take any tips for productivity .. Im about as unproductive you can get and still be alive. i basically have ADD on life and never get anything done .

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

I have read Tim Ferriss book three times, I like to read every year to stay productive and don't lose focus. I also love the Scott Young blog and I'm currently on the Learning in Steroids course :)

Do you like also Zen Habits, from Leo Babauta?

My problem is that I get overload of info, a lot really. And I put in practice only a small part of this :/ I think that I also need improve my diet on information...

Do you have any tips about it? 

I love Leo. His blog is awesome, the archives, the new stuff, all of it. In terms of food tips, what is it that you want info on? Primal? Paleo? Basic cooking how to?

Watch it with me!  Although the reason I love it is because of Episode 1.  Qui-Gon ... man... he was my father figure from age 12- ...well, he still kinda is.  I'm currently indoctrinating my 5 year old to the galaxy far far away and it. is. AWESOME. 

Ok!! Any chance you're in British Columbia? :P

Watch it with someone who loves it. Trust me.

You, me, and Krisis. Let's do this! lol

I will take any tips for productivity .. Im about as unproductive you can get and still be alive. i basically have ADD on life and never get anything done .

My best advice is want it. Want it really bad. If not achieving it will be incredibly embarrassing, so much the better. 

I'm only partially kidding on the last one. Heh. 

Current Challenge Goals:

Daily Battle Log 

Food I Make

I love Leo. His blog is awesome, the archives, the new stuff, all of it. In terms of food tips, what is it that you want info on? Primal? Paleo? Basic cooking how to?

Tips to handle the overload of information :) For example, reading a lot of productivity/personal dev blogs is a bit overwhelming and I don't apply almost anything. For now, I have cut the number of blogs, but it is still a lot...

Hey, I didn't know that there is a difference between primal and paleo!

Tips to handle the overload of information :) For example, reading a lot of productivity/personal dev blogs is a bit overwhelming and I don't apply almost anything. For now, I have cut the number of blogs, but it is still a lot...

Hey, I didn't know that there is a difference between primal and paleo!

Yep! There's more grey area with primal (dairy is a big one) and it's based off of MarksDailyApple, a great site by Mark Sisson who Stve Kamb references often. It's certainly what lead me to the whole pale thing in the first place. As for productivity overload, I'm much the same. There are only so many tips you can feasible incorporate into your life, haha. That said, when I'm serious about productivity in some area, I tend to keep it at the forefront of my mind before delving into possible productivity-based solutions. Otherwise it's easy to get sucked into a tangential link and then poof! You're lost in the nethers of the interwebs for all time :) Focus focus focus. 

And yeah, if you're a student, Cal Newport's stuff, especially his books and blog archives, is really good. 

Current Challenge Goals:

Daily Battle Log 

Food I Make

I'm a bit of a productivity nerd myself. I like to take parts of other people's systems and combine them into my own personal system that I will use for a week and then abandon. At the moment, I'm using checklists. They're very satisfying.

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure