Forums are back in action! ×

Hi guys,

I am 32 years old software developer and I like playing games :redface:.

I joined Nerd Fitness because I want to take exercing seriously for the first time in my life.

At age of 18 I was 187cm/65kg elf and stayed in that form for 7 years, but before my 25th birhday I joined a gym and started becoming a human.

My attendance record was quite good - I made 3 visits almost every week except my holidays.

At the peak I reached 83kg weigth (with a help of protein shakes and some amino acid tablets), but I couldn't keep this form for long.

I hadn't read any books or articles about exercises, bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc, just kept doing exercises from programmes created by PTs.

They included up to 20% of free weigths.

Due to change in circumstances (and lazyness) I completely stopped going to gym in the beginning of 2011.

Now I weight 79kg and I want to turn a few kilos of fat to muscles.

Last Monday I joined a new gym and asked a PT to create me a programme.

To my surprise, he didn't quite understand what I asked for and suggested me to buy a few personal training sessions.

So I returned home and started looking for articles "how to create your own workout routine".

Luckily, Nerd Fitness article appeared near the top of the results, so I'm here.

After doing quite a lot of reading I decided that I want to do more serious strength training.

Today I will start training according to Strong Lifts 5x5 workout.

Naktibalda, Level 4 Keyboard Warrior

STR 10|DEX 9|STA 2|CON 8|WIS 8|CHA 2

First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge

Hi again,

I'm training together with my wife.

It's her first gym experience, so she wasn't very enthusiastic about this strength training, but hasn't refused to do it yet.

She did squats and bench press really well, but struggled doing barbell row.

I'm not sure what was a problem - a fear of bigger weights, a guy behind her who supposedly was looking at her bum or just a lack of practice.

Barbell row was the most challenging exercise to me too, because I've never did it before

Naktibalda, Level 4 Keyboard Warrior

STR 10|DEX 9|STA 2|CON 8|WIS 8|CHA 2

First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge