Forums are back in action! ×

hello ^_^

Hi all..

erm.. I never know what to write in these. Well, about me, I'm from Canada, 32, and vegan. I'm into anime and WoW and fantasy and such. And while I'm not heavy, I am accumulating far too much belly fat. I know it's unhealthy, I hate how it looks, and most of my clothes don't fit me right anymore. 

So I finally decided to do something about it. With Otakon coming up, I realized how awful I look in my cosplay and thought I better kick it into high gear and try to trim down the belly. I have other motivation too, I'm going to Dominican Republic this winter and would like to feel better about wearing a swimsuit in public.

Step one was to give up pop. I wasn't drinking a ton of it, but one can of coke a day is still a lot of sugar. I like sweets and starchy snacks, which I'm also cutting back on. We were buying pop and chips and other junk with every grocery trip. Now I'm only having coke as a treat if we go out somewhere, and even then I try to limit how much I have, and we buy a lot less snacks. It helps that money is tight, we have a wedding coming up that will cost us a fair bit, plus the con, so we're trying to cut down on unnecessary expenses. I'm drinking a lot more water, which has always been tough for me.

And I'm doing some fat burning routines. hubby and I both really want to join the gym but it's not in the budget just yet. so I just load up a routine on youtube and try to follow along. I realize how crummy my stamina has become, I usually have to give up not even halfway through, but it's getting better. (it doesn't help that it's been insanely hot here lately and we don't have central air. just put a window a/c unit in the bedroom so I'll be doing my routines in there now lol) I've tried a few different ones, if I do the same routine every day I know I'll get bored of it and be less motivated to do it. So any suggestions are definitely welcome.

On days that I'm still burned out from the day before I just do sit ups and stretches

anyway that's my story so far :P

the Watcher of the Seals, the Flame of Tar Valon, the Amyrlin Seat

Changing your eating is a very smart first step.  You might want to head to the Nerd Fitness resources page and check out some of the workouts that can be done at home with no equipment (beginner's body weight, angry birds, and the hotel room workouts).  Good luck.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived