Forums are back in action! ×

Ongoing inspiration?

Hi everyone!

New to this site and liking what I see so far.

When I turned 30 (I'm 36 right now), I made myself a promise to spend the next full year of my life getting in shape. I had always been chubby growing up, and from the time I went away to college until I turned 30 I quickly moved into what many would call the "obese" category.

After an entire lifetime battling my weight, and over a decade of being a "sloppy mess", I ended up keeping my promise to myself. I dropped from about 260 (although I had been up to 270) all the way down to 178 at my lowest. I kept it off for years, although about a year ago I realized that I had let myself slip all the way back up to 225. So once again I met the challenge head on and am now sitting at a comfortable, healthy, 190.

I'm lifting 2x a week and training at a boxing gym in south philly 3x a week and I'm feeling good about moving forward. What I need is the ongoing inspiration to keep slowly improving, and not allowing myself to backslide. I've found that I can be a very all-or-nothing person, so it's challenging for me to work so hard just to "maintain".

Anyway, I have a blog at http://leanbodyquest.blogspot.com which starts at the beginning of my journey and goes all the way until now. It's a good read especially for beginners as you can follow my ups, downs, and in-betweens about not just the physical part but also the mental and emotional challenges. Check it out for some inspiration, or just to check it out!

Attached is a photo of me at 22, and another a few days ago (at 36) with precious cargo.

post-19553-0-50563700-1374085063_thumb.j

Archived