Forums are back in action! ×

let's do this

ignore my current hobbit-like appearance. it's the result of too many years of bad food, too little movement, and health problems that seem to pop up right when im ready to make a change and doctors who don't listen to what i tell them.

inside, i know im a warrior. it's time to be one on the outside too.

i know trying to change everything all at once doesn't work for me. i've started and failed so many times in the past. game quests are broken down into smaller steps - you have one task and you complete it before you move on. My quest is to get healthy. and step 1 is food.

i currently have low iron and low b12, which takes a massive toll on a person's energy. i need to eat better and give my body the nutrients it has been begging for, but stop worrying about calories and schedules and all that.  ("only a white man needs a watch to tell him when he's hungry." - some native american character in some show that i saw when i was younger... that's all i remember, but it stuck with me because it made sense to my tiny mind!)  the paleo diet makes sense to me from what i've read so far.

so goal 1 is to continue to read up on paleo, find out what foods don't really fit in with it, figure out which of the foods that do fit in will up my iron and b12 the best and make sure those get in there, and start eating that way. possibly mourn the loss of soft drinks, ice cream, and all the other junk that makes up a far too large percentage of my current diet, but then suck it up and move on. my brain knows that putting the right food into my body is going to make it feel better, even if my body refuses to accept that at first, and even if my inner 5-year-old is having a tantrum.

Goal Deadline: the end of this month.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

Hi and welcome to the adventurer's guild.  Getting your diet clean is a great first step for getting healthy.  You can't workout with no energy.  We'll be starting a new challenge soon-hope you'll plan on joining it.  It's a great way to set a few focused goals and get some support to achieve them.  Drop me a message if I can help.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived