Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm 22 years old, and a student. I originally grew up in san diego, where i worked out 2-4 hours a day doing dance, weight training, and martial arts. I was in great shape, and all of my friends were in great shape too. San Diego is very big on being healthy and staying in good shape, so it was easy to find motivation. it also helped that the weather was perfect year round, and there were lots of fun out door activities.

However, for college, I moved to Oklahoma (long story). The weather is awful, the people are not very health conscious here, and I started college. All of these things led me to gaining 40lbs and not working out at all. I've tried working out on and off but nothing has really stuck with me.

I'm taking a year off before going to graduate school, so I have the time to really look into a good program that's cheap and fun for me. I want to make good habits now while i have the time, so that I can have the will power to stick with them when life gets crazy again. But I'll be going to graduate school in Oregon, which looks like a very outdoorsy community so I'm hoping it'll be easier there to stay fit.

I started exercising again a month and a half ago, not changing my diet all that much, and only doing running and weights. It heped me lose some weight and inches, but I've been stuck in a rut for several weeks now. I'm also not having much fun, which is causing me to work out less. I have never joined a forum before though and I thought that, since I'm not really getting my motivation and support system from my friends in the area like I used to, that I might be able to find it here.

Currently, my goal is to work out 5 times a week, including at least three different exercises, and trying out the Paleo diet for at least 6 weeks. Even if i don't get back to the shape I was in high school, I want to feel healthy and fit. Wish me luck! and any tips you all have for keeping up the motivation would be helpful! thanks!