Forums are back in action! ×

Three years ago, I was 130lbs of lean, mean, Muay Thai/CrossFit machine, prepped for my first ring fight (which I won, too!) with my only problem the choice between hitting the dojo for some sparring or hitting the box for a WOD. Then I moved to a different (hellish, cold, FLAT) province for a few years, and it all fell apart. Got stressed with my new job, stopped working out at all, gained 50lbs thanks to still eating like I was fueling my old lifestyle, and lost the ability to run a flight of stairs without gasping.

Now I'm ready to get back into things, but thanks to stupid pride I'm so embarrassed by my state of couch-potato-ness that I avoid even trying (someone might see me suck!). Either that, or I'll totally wreck myself trying to do something I used to do. UNPRODUCTIVE. I'm really stoked to have found this site. Fitness! WITH a sense of humour. Madness, or possibly Sparta.

My pride? I guess I'm just going to have to sit on it for a while, until it stops holding me back and starts helping me out again. Looking forward to getting to know some of you awesome people along the way. =)

Ah yes - one morning we wake up and ask how did I let my self get here???  The important thing is that you've started moving forward again.  I know it will be tough, but take it one step at a time.  You didn't get here overnight, and you won't get back overnight.  Glad you joined in. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived