Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from a Hoosier

Good evening! I found Nerd Fitness about a week ago and have read through most of the blog archives since then. I have lurked on the boards for a couple of days and thought that I should introduce myself.

As the title states I live in Indiana. I am 30 years old, 5'7" and 190 lbs. This is down from my heaviest of 235 three years ago. I have a wife and a 17 month old daughter, and three children in heaven. My son passed away at ten months never having left the hospital and the other two were miscarriages.

I have always been overweight but my son being in the hospital and then passing away pushed me further down that path. Since then I have lost 45 pounds, completed several 5k races, a sprint triathlon, and last November a half marathon.

My goals are to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year, be able to run 2 miles in 17 minutes, and complete a GORUCK Light in St Louis on November 30. I bought a groupon deal of 15 crossfit classes for $39 and will be starting those in three weeks. I work out at the YMCA a couple of times a week but am looking for more structure in my workouts.

I look forward to being part of this community. Thanks everyone.

My "baby" sister died several years ago, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  My heart goes out to you and your wife at the loss of your son.  Your daughter must feel like a miracle, and you need to stay healthy to be there for her.  Crossfit is supposed to be great, so hopefully you'll get a lot out of it. 

There is a challenge starting next week - it could really help you stay focused and provide some structure.  To find out more, read up on the 6-week challenge FAQ.  Drop me a message if I can help.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit