Forums are back in action! ×

Not all that have fallen are vanquished

Hi! I'm Sarah, another rebel joining you from New Zealand (seems there are a few of us!), currently enjoying a bit of breathing time between finishing up my last contract as a research technician in an infectious diseases lab & following my interests down the rabbit hole into web development.

I've been lurking shyly around NF for a while, now I'm here to level up.

I'm pretty short by Half-Elf standards (158cm) :tongue:, 45kg (~100 pounds) and want to build up strength, confidence, balance and all that good stuff. I had enough to escape that dragon in my profile picture, but who knows what else waits around the corner?

I really enjoy nerding out at farmer's markets & cooking the spoils and I find junk food boring anyway, so I'm starting out in a good place nutrition-wise.

By far the biggest challenges I face are in my own mind. I've been plagued with anxiety since I was a kid, which additionally paved the way for festering bouts of depression that have unfortunately formed a huge part of my life - my identity, even - up to this point. If worry, regret, self-sabotage and crippling self-doubt were Olympic events, I would be hoarding gold Smaug-style by now. I've allowed it to starve friendships, lay waste to relationships, steal huge chunks of time. I'm sick of it. I expect it will be an ongoing battle, but lately I've seen gaps in its armour that I didn't notice before. This is my one giant life objective, to tame the beast and perhaps even turn it to my advantage.

What better way to tackle that than as a real life RPG?

Battle plans are forming, but I need to take things one step at a time. For now, I'm beginning my journey by finally leaving the Underpants Gnomes to join the noble Adventurers. My quest has started with week 1 of a Couch to 5K program alternating with Steve's beginner bodyweight circuit. I suspect my path will eventually lead me to a home with the Assassins or Rangers, with much to learn from other guilds too. :)

Level 2 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Intro | Challenges: 1, 2 {currently on challenge hiatus}

Archived