Forums are back in action! ×

Grolar bear versus Liger

Sometimes I think I have the most amazing office coworkers ever. For example, on Monday my supervisor called me into his office and sat me down. I had the initial "Oh Lord what did I do?" even though I've never been in trouble with him. Then he hands me a small package and says "Saw this at the gas station and thought you and your coworker (who's my mentor and about 5 years older than me) would like it." It turned out to be an elastic band gun. He then proceeded to call my coworker into his office so I would have a prime shooting opportunity!

Which brings me to today (after several days of elastic band gun wars and making targets out of company business cards). Somehow my coworker and I started a grand debate... of Grolar Bear versus Liger. I'm firmly team Grolar Bear but my coworker says Liger. This went on for a few hours on and off, ended up involving the whole geology department, most of mine planning, and a text conversation with a zoology friend of mine.

So, dearest Rebels, what are your thoughts on the matter? 

Level 4 Wood Elf Assassin

Are we working on the assumption that both the Grolar Bear and Liger are in an identical state of health?

"A professional knows the limits of his knowledge. An amateur does not know the limits of his knowledge. A dilettante does not know that there are any limits to his knowledge." 

See, though, we have to ask. Is this a cage fight or are they fighting to the death on some abandoned isle? What does the field of combat look like?

Because we don't know, I have to go with the Grolar bear. I would imagine the bear would be more adept to fighting in multiple climates and conditions, while the liger most likely would be used to fighting only in jungle and plains type areas. 

But imagine if they teamed up? It'd be the best buddy cop movie ever.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

Grolar bear. The liger is the kind of animal that drinks pabst blue ribbon and listens to bands from Austin that you've never heard of.

Argent, canton gules, chief dexter lion rampant or, armed and pizzled argent langued gules, sinister ramshead gules.

Shotokan Karate, Danzan-Ryu Jiu Jitsu, Fiorie Armizare

See, though, we have to ask. Is this a cage fight or are they fighting to the death on some abandoned isle? What does the field of combat look like?

Because we don't know, I have to go with the Grolar bear. I would imagine the bear would be more adept to fighting in multiple climates and conditions, while the liger most likely would be used to fighting only in jungle and plains type areas. 

But imagine if they teamed up? It'd be the best buddy cop movie ever.

Oooh the setting is an important factor. Hmm need something neutral and natural. Maybe a lightly forested area? 

I think you're right that the Grolar bear would have a wider range of climates and conditions though so maybe it doesn't matter ultimately.

Hell yeah! They would be awesome and unstoppable! 

Grolar bear. The liger is the kind of animal that drinks pabst blue ribbon and listens to bands from Austin that you've never heard of.

Ahaha well I'm not sure these reasons would win a scientist over to the Grolar bear side they are highly entertaining. You're right though. The liger does seem more PBR inclined where the Grolar bear seems more moonshine from the crazy hermit's basement inclined.

Level 4 Wood Elf Assassin

Guest Dirty Deads

Yeah it's like lions and tigers evolved separately from the smiladon and when they mate its like reversing evolution and unlocking some gene that makes them bigger. Still, the raw power of the Grolar is ridiculous. My guess is that the liger is smart enough to know when it's outmatched.  Ligers best bet is if it were raised by lions so it could have some fighting experience. Tigers are more cautious and would likely try to retreat causing the bear to easily run it down. If it were raised by lions and the bear raised by polar bears, that's the best case scenario for the liger. Bear raised w/ grizzlies? Forget about it, that thing is a scrapper.