Forums are back in action! ×

British soldier trying to improve injury.

Hi everyone,

I'm nick and have been a British paratrooper for about 20 years. I have had a varied fitness life completing ultra marathons to gym based sessions. I love anything that challenges me physically and while serving in the military I have studied and educated my self completing personal training courses, posture alignment and even sports psychology.

I have been suffering from a long term injury that has stopped me running so I am looking at changing my session to strengthen my legs and whole body to help improve my injury and eventually get back to be 100% fitness. I have been looking recently at crossfit and some of my work friends say its the best training session I can do. I am new to this but after researching it I am looking forward to being able to beast my body without causing more irritation to my injury. My wife also is now looking to join me in this fitness session.

I have also just read Steve's article on the PALEO diet. It was fantastic so I am now ready to change my whole aspect of fitness and change my lifestyle.

Before I finish (long introduction?) I wish every one luck towards their goals and if I can help in anyway please get in touch.

Nickpost-19996-0-85734300-1375011574_thumb.j

Thanks guys. I have looked at then 6 week challenge but at the moment I'm concentrating on crossfit. It's new to me and the complex moves are taking its toll on my body.

The injury I have is tight calves and I am struggling to get them to stretch. For this reason I keep tearing them even doing short distances of 4 miles. To be fair I have started to use crossfit mobility exercises and for once in two years I was pain free. It's now a long road to recovery and to get these bad boys stretched the best I can.

Morning Soldier!

Have you tried foam rollering or if it's that bad having a sports massage? I don't know if it's the same sort of pain but it alleviates tightness in my quads and calfs when I actually use them for something other than spinning an office chair. Some info on foam rollering here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/equipment/id/14/equipment/foam-roll

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Archived