Forums are back in action! ×

There was this girl...and this prophecy....

Greetings everyone!

My story is so long I don't even know where to begin (damn that makes me sound old...).

Anyways, Food, exercise and me have a long history! Some chapters are actually pretty good others are really bad.

I've always been looking for my perfect lifestyle. I was vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, junk food addict, carbaholic... You name it, I've probably done it! All of those diets have one thing in common I never felt they fit me. It always felt good for the first couple of weeks and then I started feeling deprived and restless and ready to move on to the next extreme.

After my second daughter was born I was at my lowest. I smoked about a pack a day although I would feel sick after every cigarette. I ate the SAD with lots of pizza and ice cream. I had an anxiety attack almost daily where I would lie in my bed and wait for death to come (no kidding!). That's when I found the paleo diet and felt it click. Everything made sense and I felt so much better! My anxiety attacks and multiple other symptoms went away after about two weeks and I started feeling like a human (although I always wanted to be an elf) again.

Then I guess my nerdiness took over and I had to read every single book, blog, article I could find about paleo/primal and nutrition. Since about everybody has his or her own little tweaks and thingies (and I'm sure they all are just perfect for whoever writes those blogs, books whatever...) I had to try them all out.

I still have some belly fat that I want to lose and can't seem to get rid of. So I jumped on every new thing like it was a map to the holy grail! I would follow it for two weeks with enthusiasm sure that this is it, just to be disappointed again and again.

Guess what, I haven't found it yet!

Now back to this prophecy...

It probably goes something like this....

Your path will be twisted and long.

You will think you found your treasure multiple times...just to be disappointed over and over again.

But if you keep going and don't give up you'll find the most precious treasure of all...

So I guess I'll just keep going until I find my treasure (health, fitness, boundless energy...I want to master my body and be the best me I can be!)!

Good luck with your own prophecies everyone!

Abtacha

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -