Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

What a great site with a ton of information. I'll be reading more in the coming weeks, I'm sure.

I'm unhealthy and scared I've waited too long. I didn't know until recently at an acupressure appointment that my diet could be hurting me worse. We eat pretty healthy (or so I thought) and I never thought about cutting gluten or nightshades to help with my inflammation.
I have chronic migraines from a car accident in 2009 and hurt most days from mid back up. They've put me at 40% disability. So far, I can't do any upper body exercise without going full-blown-crawl-on-the-floor migraine.

Needless to say...I will be starting very very slow and at times, will not be able to push through.

We're just getting started with paleo and are looking into starting cross-fit next month. The owner of the gym said he'll work with me personally to find work-outs that I can do without causing headaches so, I can keep a schedule.

After the 6 weeks we're starting out with...we're hoping that I'll be on the right track so we don't have to pay for a gym anymore. We have everything we need at home. It's just with my injuries...I don't know where to start.

I'm really hoping just going paleo will make a difference too. We'll see.

I don't know if I'll be up for any of the challenges from here...but hopefully, eventually...I'll be at a point where I can do some of that!

Anyway...I just wanted to thank you again and am looking forward to being a big part of your website and Facebook page!

~Shana

I hope changing your diet will help you out.  I've suffered from migraines, and it's no fun.  If you can walk without pain, that would give you a good start on getting active again - remember, something is always better than nothing.

Since you're already prone to headaches, you might want to make sure you have small amounts of fairly clean carbs (such as brown rice).  It's been my experience that a "normal" headache can trigger a migraine.  You also might want to ease the sugar out of your diet for the same reasons.

Good luck on your quest.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit