Forums are back in action! ×

The Countdown to Dragon Con Has Begun!

I've seen several people on the forums talk about this year's Dragon Con. I know that I am excited about it and thought others might be also. So, I am starting this thread for people who are attending Dragon Con to talk amongst themselves. I'd love to hear what everyone is planning on doing while at the con.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

I am going!  5th year in a row.  Our panels are really varied from year to year.  A lot of costuming panels.  Usually the Friday night Costume contest/Saturday masquerade.  A few big celebrity panels.  Umm last year we went to some weapons and video game stuff.  We mostly just hotel hop at night.  

Thursday night we're going to The Spence since I'm a big Top Chef nerd.

This will be my 2nd year and, honestly, I'm only going back because I found a group to costume with.  Last year there were far too many people for the space available and I kept going back to my room to relax before I punched someone for stopping in front of me in narrow hallway.

Probably going to stick to the costume and gaming areas again, though I still have to take a look at the panels and decide if any interest me.  Mostly just looking forward to having decent costumes this year.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

This will be my 2nd year and, honestly, I'm only going back because I found a group to costume with.  Last year there were far too many people for the space available and I kept going back to my room to relax before I punched someone for stopping in front of me in narrow hallway.

Probably going to stick to the costume and gaming areas again, though I still have to take a look at the panels and decide if any interest me.  Mostly just looking forward to having decent costumes this year.

I have the same problems with the crowds. I don't go wandering unless I am surrounded by my group of friends who know that I don't like crowds. I plan to spend quite a lot of my day time in the gaming hall playing Pathfinder. Evenings/Nights will be hotel hopping to see costumes and be seen in costume. I don't usually stay out as long as the rest of my friends though (once again because of the crowds.)

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Hopefully moving the vendors will help.  It's insane how much the crowds have grown in the past 2-3 years.  The first year I went it was pretty easy going.  

I hope so as well. This will be my 8th Dragon Con and it really has gotten crazy.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

I'm as ready as I'm going to be.  Still trying to put the finishing touches on costumes, should have 3-4 for the weekend depending on what I can find in the dealer room to finish my Browncoat.

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Hope everyone had fun.  Walking around in costume was a blast, but I didn't get many pictures, so I'm hoping you all can share some. ;-)

I never take pictures anymore.  I figure the costumes I like will end up on the internet somewhere in far higher quality than I could take!

But exciting news.  Our jawa costumes got featured as the main pictures on blastr.  I can't believe how much fun it was.  We couldn't walk 3 feet without someone yelling "jawas" "come here jawas" "i want my picture with the jawas".  

http://www.blastr.com/2013-9-5/50-awesome-cosplay-pics-dragon-con-2013